Miami Marlins

fishheatcats

I know I'm new (like today new) but, I just discovered this site a short while ago and makes work days much more tolerable!

Anyway, I love the color scheme, compared to the proposed new one especially.

What if you were to add a "fish-tail" effect to the end of the tail coming under the script on the home and alternate wordmarks. Might give it an interesting look.

Actually, I believe that is the effect they were going for with the original, now officially former(almost physically hurts to have to say that now) Marlins script. I mimicked that here. It not over-the-top obvious with an actual tail but gives the impression of some kind of fin.

And liking the color scheme is no surprise, these are the exact same Pantone colors as the Marlins have used since day one, including (fun fact) "Florida Marlins Blue" as the teal is known on the style guide.

UPDATE #2:

Some minor tweaks:

? Home and Away Caps now teal w/black brim, the original Marlins road style.

? Home and Away sleeve patches now just the Fish, in the style of the old International League Miami Marlins

? Away script now teal with black/white outline and the Fish on the first letter, as on the original Florida roads

mmarlins2.png

Love it. Both scripts look really good, and I like how they bring together the two eras. The updated logos look really good too, especially the marlin. And of course, thank you for teal happy.gif

In response to the updates, I like just the fish on the sleeves, but I would use just the fish on the alt as well. Since it's basically a teal version of the home jersey, it would help with consistency. Also, is there any reason why you didn't include numbers on the front of the alt, or was that just an oversight? I'm just curious because again, for consistency, I would include them.

The "s" in Marlins is still a bit of a problem. I think it's the way that the top points; when I write an "s" in cursive, it comes to more of a central or left-leaning point; the way you have it depicted would be really awkward to write.

I'd also thicken up the outline on the Marlins script; it's very thin compared to everything else in the set. I'm not a fan of the tail on it as well, but I don't know that I have a better idea.

Otherwise, this is really nice. I agree with you on the teal, of course: moving away from it is a huge mistake.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

This concept really looks like a natural progression of the Marlins logo and uniform to reflect both the switch to "Miami" and a better sense of overall Miami baseball history, IMO. It also makes the new official Marlins identity (the little we've seen) look all the worse to me. I'm still holding out hope for the Marlins due to my liking of orange, but not a lot...

Love it. Both scripts look really good, and I like how they bring together the two eras. The updated logos look really good too, especially the marlin. And of course, thank you for teal happy.gif

In response to the updates, I like just the fish on the sleeves, but I would use just the fish on the alt as well. Since it's basically a teal version of the home jersey, it would help with consistency. Also, is there any reason why you didn't include numbers on the front of the alt, or was that just an oversight? I'm just curious because again, for consistency, I would include them.

The front numbers were left off the front on the alt to keep with the black alternates from 2003-11, which did not have numbers on the front. Also went with the cap logo on the sleeve of the alt instead of just the fish as a tribute to the 2003-2009 unis, which had the same, and also to make it a little different.

Just once I'd like to see someone take a stab at Miami without using teal.

Teal is the Marlin's color. Well, was the Marlin's color. They're one of two teams in baseball who use it, and in the 90s/early 2000s, they used it right.

I get that, but I want to see ideas for uniforms without using teal like the real team won't.

Just once I'd like to see someone take a stab at Miami without using teal.

Teal is the Marlin's color. Well, was the Marlin's color. They're one of two teams in baseball who use it, and in the 90s/early 2000s, they used it right.

I get that, but I want to see ideas for uniforms without using teal like the real team won't.

Which is almost universally excepted as a terrible move by the club, hence the preference of most to utilize teal in their Marlins concepts.

The whole point of doing a concept, in my opinion, is to improve a team's look. There is no possible way anyone can improve the Marlins' look by using those new colors(all 6 of them), or any colors other than teal, black and silver.

• 1 month later...

Archived