USMNT concept

crparke

I used one of the templates on this site and MS Paint to tweek the US Men's soccer uniform.

I think having stars on the sleeves would serve as a better "identity" than the sash they currently use. It incorporates an element of the flag without making things too busy. I'm also like the idea of the team wearing red socks like France and Mexico, but ours could be a darker blood colored red. Tell me what you guys think.

us_soccer_attempt_1.jpg

I can't see anything either.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Right-click, open image in a new tab worked for me in Chrome.

And now that I see it, it looks like a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader's outfit. While you do have a point that the sash isn't necessarily relevant to our national identity, I think this is a very tacky way to approach a new look. I would put some more work into it, and here's an example: you say you want to contribute something new to the identity of the country, but you have circles of starts that make clusters of 7 stars on each sleeve. Is there any more significance to 7/14 stars than a sash? Not really.

I think if you want to better something through the development of an identity, it should have meaning-- not just "stars and stripes cuz we're America".

Maybe this works:

us_soccer_attempt_1.jpg

Great idea with the stars on the sleeves, really looks awesome.

White jerseys with blue sleeves is a good combo in general too.

I'm not a fan of the red socks with that jersey/shorts at all. the color itself is a nice red though.

How would it look to have an all blue jersey, with the white stars being alinged as a sash?!

Just a shame the actual US Soccer logo is so bad.

Archived