Lokomotiv Yaroslavl and UHC Dynamo

Discrim

Lokomotiv Yaroslavl 2012-13

lokomotivyaroslavl.png

The black memorial armband is classy. Even if the only ones who seem to still use em are the damn Yankees. I'd considered making the third jersey black, but decided against it before I got busy, though there's plenty here that would be black for one season.

Dynamo Moscow: uniforms

dynamomoscow.png

ID sheet

dynamoidsheet.png

The Dynamo set, unlike the Loko set, is meant for this season...and since Dynamo has long been linked with the police, that's the image I'm trying to evoke with the jerseys. The traditional D's on a badge, the shoulder crests are based on Soviet-era mortarboards (heh, not 100% sure that style's still in use, but youneverknow), and the third jersey features a policeman, which is the only reason I included an ID sheet at all. Until I got the cop crest idea, I was going to base the third on an early 90s Dynamo jersey I remember seeing on a card I had back in the day.

Have your say....because in KHL, puck shoots you! :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🀬

KHL concept. Discrim posted it? Oh hell yeah!

*opens thread*

puddinpops.gif

I like both sets. Is it just me or ate the Dynamo primaries too classic looking to be a Discrim concept? lol Also, I'd buy that Lokomotiv alternate in a second. Not sure what it is, I just love it.

As far as actually critique goes: Dynamo fans would hate the blue primary because of the lack of white. They love them some blue and white.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The only thing I could suggest is to make the armband on the Lokomotiv third the same size as the other two. It throws me off a bit but the wordmark and especially the traintrack stripes make up for it in spades. Dynamo's is just great, with those mortarboards in particular. Eagerly awaiting a camouflage CSKA Moscow.

soundersbanner.png

Well, it's a Discrimihater production, that's for sure. ^_^

Honestly, the red Yaroslavl set is just too much red for me. I have the same problem with the Carolina Hurricanes; red pants + red jersey + red socks = pajamas. There's just not enough blue in there to break it up. The others might be a bit more palatable as they would contrast with the red pants.

Digging the Dynamo home and away, but the third doesn't do it for me. I dig the sash, but I've never liked hockey jerseys without some kind of arm striping. It just feels like too big a canvas to leave blank. And I just can't look past the fact that the guy in the alternate crest doesn't have any arms.

Archived