Houston Thunderbears

Discrim

One thing I know, I'd long felt the Houston Thunderbears could've done better regarding their uniforms. Mainly, the bear claw on their helmets would've been better served if it were holding a thunderbolt rather than a football...the difference between "Oh, I get it, thunder bear" and "bear holding ball" and something like that. Disregarding the fact that they haven't existed in almost 8 years, I decided it'd be a good time to put an idea to use.

tbearsidsheet.png

I'll take a guess at what you're thinking...yes, the primary was inspired by the Trenton Thunder. I figure instead of a normal-looking bear holding a lightning bolt, I'd bust out a bear-shaped storm cloud. In my continuing crusade to treat sleeve stripes as logos in and of themselves, I utilize a Northwestern stripe shaped like a lightning bolt, which appears on the home and away.

tbearsmain.png

tbearsalt.png

The alt is electric blue, with navy sleeves. The sleeves are based on the cloud-bear, and thus are meant to appear cloudlike.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

heh, blame my Notre Dame fandom for the fat numbers (Holtz era Champion digits all the way). Though more height on em wouldn't hurt, come to think of it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

heh, I had nothing against the original set...except there HAD to have been better options for a helmet logo than the bear claw/ball. That and their first number font, with that weird 5 that looked more like an S.

Anyway, two tweaks: fat numbers out, taller numbers in...

tbearsidsheet-1.png

tbearsmain-1.png

...and the alt's torso underwent a slight change...

tbearsalt-1.png

I'm going for a flash of lightning here, and I also put bear claws on the numbers. Had I kept the torso as it'd been, I'd considered a variant of the split numbers on Miami's Pro Combat sets.

2016cubscreamsig.png

heh, I had nothing against the original set...except there HAD to have been better options for a helmet logo than the bear claw/ball. That and their first number font, with that weird 5 that looked more like an S.

Anyway, two tweaks: fat numbers out, taller numbers in...

tbearsidsheet-1.png

tbearsmain-1.png

...and the alt's torso underwent a slight change...

tbearsalt-1.png

I'm going for a flash of lightning here, and I also put bear claws on the numbers. Had I kept the torso as it'd been, I'd considered a variant of the split numbers on Miami's Pro Combat sets.

I think you did an awesome job incorporating the two concepts (thunderclouds and bears) in a really inventive way. I cant help thinking the bear looks REEEALLY muscelly (sp?). Would intimidate the hell out of me.

Archived