My own personal (re)brand

missouri tigers

After having used the same personal logo for around two years now, and going through a few variations of it, I've grown to become less and less fond of it. There was no real geometry, or well thought out aspects to it because at the time I didn't really know how to go about doing that.

Over the past couple years, I think I've grown quite a bit as an artist, and I think that my personal brand should reflect that.

AW.png

Please let me know what you think.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I would get away from the font choices you have chosen. You could get away with Arial Rounded, but the EA font is too iconic and it feels like you are trying to attach yourself to them in some way.

I get what you were trying to do with the W here, but I can't help but keep reading it as a roman numeral. If IV has any significance, than by all means keep it, but otherwise I could see it getting confused easily. The EA Font, while it is a good one, is just too iconic like Mings mentioned. Although I'm willing to bet that most people wouldn't notice it, so perhaps you could get by with using it.

Oh, and I love your color choice. I wouldn't change any part of that.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Unless you're going to utilize the negative space in the LS of your last name, I'd abandon them being connected. I think the orb making the central line of the A needs more definition, here's a small mspaint tweak to give an idea:

asdfrf.png

I'd also consider shortening the "middle" line of the W (the left side of the V shape) so that way it could read more as a W and not as IV, as others have stated.

Otherwise it's looking good, clean and simple.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thanks for the help everyone.

I hadn't realized how much the W looked like the roman numeral IV until after I posted it.

I played around with connecting the bottom of the right side of the A/the part that looks like an I to the rest of what is supposed to be a W, but that just made it look too literal, and threw of the general flow of the design.

As for the font goes, I had trouble finding a font that flowed with the AW logo, and I wanted to find a rounded sans-serif font to use for the ADAM WALSH typface. However, After searching for a while, I couldn't find anything that looked right to me. So, I just used the EA font as kind of a placeholder until I found a more suitable font choice. If anyone has a suggestion for the font, please feel free to share.

I'll take all of your suggestions into account and have an update up soon.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Much better with the font, although it is suffering from the same issues the logo is. Work on the kerning and spacing to make it read right. Also the circle isn't needed at all. The AW can stand by itself, change the white to the dark gray you have going on.

Archived