Cleveland Indians Concept

piratesfan16

This can also be found in my MLB series. Since this one is more of a complete rebrand, I wanted to share this with more than just the couple followers in my MLB series.

The Indians are a team that never seemed to find an identity for themselves. There were constant changes from the 90's to present, with the addition/removal of silver, the back and forth struggle between red and blue for dominant color, and even a change of scripts. The hats have changed over time and now the whole thing is a little bit of a mess IMO. Times change...time to start over.

Let's start with the color scheme. I think that the Indians have a chance to disassociate themselves from the Braves RWB color scheme. I chose navy and copper. As I was making the concept I starting thinking, "Wow, they look like pennies....Indian head pennies!" so that gave me the idea to base the concept around the Indian head penny. The Indians were established in 1894, during the Indian Head Cent era. I also think that the indian on the penny could make a perfect sports logo, because of the side view. There's little splotch under his eye which could represent eye black or war paint, which ever you prefer. The other logo is an update of my previous teepee logo.

The scripts are a standardized version of the current scripts, copper being the primary base color for the scripts. A simple navy-copper-navy style piping for the sleeves of the jerseys. I chose cream to accent the colors. The hat is the standard block 'C'.

C&C please.

r1bvoi.png

20igyuu.png

243gcj9.png

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Very nice concept, but clearly will never work since Chief Wahoo is apparently the only thing that is keeping the city of Cleveland from mass hysteria.

Three biggest disgraces in sports this year:

3. Braves collapse

2. Red Sox collapse

1. Most Canucks fans actions this post-season

Hmm... the idea is good, but it comes off as a little uninspired.

Like the colours, though you may want to try the old Oilers shade for the copper. The Indian Head penny idea is also good, but on the penny, it's actually Lady Liberty wearing an Indian headdress, as opposed to an actual native. The logo you used looks kinda... wimpy... and doesn't really have a dynamic feel to it. Maybe try having an actual chief on the 'coin', looking a bit tougher?

Also, the teepee logo looks pretty rushed, like you just kinda mashed a bunch of parts together. It has potential, but right now the teepee looks very 2-D, and the bats don't fit with it at all. They aren't really functioning as tentpoles if we can see the knob of one of the bats.

I think, too, that you need to do something more with the wordmarks. Either create a font based off the 'C' cap logo, or similar to this one:

2274.gif

Something with a little more character, basically.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I am not feeling the jersey font at all. No character. It looks like the original civil rights game jerseys which only had the city namae and a letter on the hats. No piping, etc. It's not a bad idea with the indian head penny which if it's the Indians, it should be an indian on it.

Hmm... the idea is good, but it comes off as a little uninspired.

Like the colours, though you may want to try the old Oilers shade for the copper. The Indian Head penny idea is also good, but on the penny, it's actually Lady Liberty wearing an Indian headdress, as opposed to an actual native. The logo you used looks kinda... wimpy... and doesn't really have a dynamic feel to it. Maybe try having an actual chief on the 'coin', looking a bit tougher?

Also, the teepee logo looks pretty rushed, like you just kinda mashed a bunch of parts together. It has potential, but right now the teepee looks very 2-D, and the bats don't fit with it at all. They aren't really functioning as tentpoles if we can see the knob of one of the bats.

I think, too, that you need to do something more with the wordmarks. Either create a font based off the 'C' cap logo, or similar to this one:

2274.gif

Something with a little more character, basically.

Thanks for the long and thorough C&C. I'm definitely going to work on the teepee logo. In regards to the indian head logo, now I know why my logo looked so feminine when I was done drawing it :D. I'm not very worried about the toughness of the logo because I'm kind of over the whole "a animal face/human face has to be angry" thing. I'll experiment with the facial features though, maybe give the face a stronger look.

I am not feeling the jersey font at all. No character. It looks like the original civil rights game jerseys which only had the city namae and a letter on the hats. No piping, etc. It's not a bad idea with the indian head penny which if it's the Indians, it should be an indian on it.

In continuing with what I said above, I'm not too worried about the scripts. I chose them because I thought that they complemented the time period of the logo well. I've always thought of the Indians as ONE of the oldest teams in the league(1894), so that's kind of where I got the inspiration. I'll try out some other fonts though. Thank you.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Very nice concept, but clearly will never work since Chief Wahoo is apparently the only thing that is keeping the city of Cleveland from mass hysteria.

If you live in Cleveland, aren't you already hysterical? Wait, maybe depressed is the word I'm looking for.

Needs to be navy and red, and Chief wahoo has to stay. There's just things you can't mess with. I don't mean to insult your concept, but could you imagine if the Pirates starting next season decided to wear these colors instead of black and yellow? There are a large number of teams with red/white/blue in the MLB but you can't say that a team like the Braves deserves to wear those colors and the Tribe can't.

Needs to be navy and red, and Chief wahoo has to stay. There's just things you can't mess with. I don't mean to insult your concept, but could you imagine if the Pirates starting next season decided to wear these colors instead of black and yellow? There are a large number of teams with red/white/blue in the MLB but you can't say that a team like the Braves deserves to wear those colors and the Tribe can't.

The Indians are a classic case of unnecessary red white and blue in the major leagues. Comparing it to the Pirates blacka and yellow doesn't make sense becuase there is only one team in the league with that color scheme and it is a classic. Also, regardless of how long the Indians have worn red white and blue, it doesn't mean there's justification. My team, the Boston Red Sox has worn red white and blue almost all of their existance but I won't hesitate to admit that they really don't have a reason to wear navy. Switching the Indians to red and brown is so common on these forums (or in this case, navy and brown.) And also, when comparing it to the Braves, I think that the Braves pull off red white and blue much better than the Indians. The tribe's current identity is a mess.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived