Houston Astros to American League West

Mac the Knife

I think 18 games against your division (72), 6 against everyone else in the league (60), and 30 interleague games (15 against the across division, and 15 against another division - getting 30 against the cross division every three years) might be the best. Since everything is factored on the three game series, it might make scheduling easier - you can always turn divisional series from 3-3-3 at one venue to 4-3-2.

30 Interleague games is just way too many.

For 15 interleague games, go:

- 72 Division games (18 against each of the 4 other teams)

- 75 League games (9 against one division, 6 against the other)

- 15 Interleague games (3 games against each team in one rotating division from other league)

For 18 interleague games:

- 64 Division games (16 against each of the 4 other teams)

- 80 League games (8 against each of the 10 other teams)

- 18 Interleague games (3 against each team in one rotating division, plus 3 against interleague rival. On seasons rival's division is played, a home and away is played. Other two years, one series is home, the other year is away)

I very much like the 64 division games, 80 league games & 18 interleague games, especially playing a "natural" interleague rival one series per year, and two series every 3rd year. It would make the Yankees/Mets Angels/Dodgers, Giants/A's, White Sox/Cubs scenarios work a tad bit better at least, and a little bit more novel.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should just eliminate the leagues and playoffs and just use the BCS.

I fail to see why not. System's perfect as far as I'm concerned.

And they can schedule some early season games against AAA and indy league teams before getting going with the real league season.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived