MLB Caps Gone "O's"

AnythingChicago

So with the unveiling of the Orioles new white-orange-black cap, which I proudly own and dawn :) , I wondered what it would look like if every MLB team wore a tri-colored cap like that of Baltimore. Thus, a concept series was born! First, I give you the AL East.

aleastcaps.png

(This will be the only concept with a photo of an actual cap pictured.)

AL Central likely up later today.

C&C, please and thank you. ;)

===================================================================================================

AL Central

===================================================================================================

AL West

NL East

NL Central

NL West

25yzwqg.png

This is a good idea. I like the Red Sox the best. I suppose for the Twins you will do this?

140.jpg

Probably.

==================================================================================================

Here's a pinstriped option for the Yankees:

aleastyankeeostylecappi.png

Which is better: Yankees with or without pinstripes?

25yzwqg.png

I'm sure you'll do one with the current logo, but I really wish the Brewers had a cap version of this. brewers_82_retro_batting-icon.jpg

Yeah, I'll probably end up doing the current cap logo. But I do intend on going back after I've finished all 30 teams to give some alternate cap options. So you'll more likely than not see the ball in glove logo at one point.

And, yes, husker, that would be the case. That's the entire point of the series.

25yzwqg.png

This might not be a bad idea for batting practice caps, come to think of it. It wouldn't be a great idea, but it'd be AN idea. I'd like to see where you go with this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Certain teams shouldn't have a differently colored brim:

Yankees (pinstriped front panel, navy cap & brim)

Blue Jays (royal cap & brim, at least for history's sake)

White Sox (black cap & brim)

Royals (royal cap & brim, unless they're gonna overhaul their whole set to include more gold)

Everything else looks good. All the AL West caps are beautiful.

Certain teams shouldn't have a differently colored brim:

Yankees (pinstriped front panel, navy cap & brim)

Blue Jays (royal cap & brim, at least for history's sake)

White Sox (black cap & brim)

Royals (royal cap & brim, unless they're gonna overhaul their whole set to include more gold)

Everything else looks good. All the AL West caps are beautiful.

See, I agree with you on all of those except maybe Toronto, but the point of the concept is to make every cap like the O's new cap, regardless of history or better options. However, I will try the navy brim for the pinstriped Yankee cap.

I will also play around with other options for each team once all teams are completed.

25yzwqg.png

See, I agree with you on all of those except maybe Toronto, but the point of the concept is to make every cap like the O's new cap, regardless of history or better options. However, I will try the navy brim for the pinstriped Yankee cap.

I will also play around with other options for each team once all teams are completed.

I think the front-white-panels are O's-ish enough, teams that don't heavily utilize a 2nd/3rd color shouldn't have that color on their brim.

Otherwise, this is a really cool idea for a concept series, can't wait to see the NL.

Archived