Cleveland Indians

LEWJ

After the latest changes to the Indians uniforms, I've decided to create some (more?) consistency in the set.

Some probably won't like my take, as it is very plain and simple.

Update:

-Switched to the former Indians/Cleveland wordmarks with serifs

-Switched back to cap C with serif

-Swapped Navy wordmarks for red

IndiansHome2.png

IndiansRoad2.png

IndiansAl2.png

Original:

-Block font wordmark is the primary wordmark

-Red undershirts/belts/socks

-No Red cap

-Block "C" has no serif, to match rest of lettering, now outlined in white

-Red billed "C" cap introduced for home set

-Numbers/letters are navy on all uniforms (similar to 80s Indians

-One Alternate--features cursive script

-Wahoo cap still exists, to match up with the navy jersey

IndiansHome.png

IndiansRoad.png

IndiansAl.png

C&C Please!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not bad, but I really believe the caps look better with the solid red, serifed block C. It has a great classic feel to it and it help seperates them from the others who used the white outline. With all the navy piping and letters/numbers, the red undershirts, socks and belts just look really out of place. You got them closer in a lot of areas, and then took them back a step in others.

Undershirt, belt, socks, and primary hat color should all match.

So a red cap would fix this?

Not a fan of these either, I'm guessing?

jim-thome.jpg

So far it's looking like I'll have to revisit this.

Undershirt, belt, socks, and primary hat color should all match.

So a red cap would fix this?

Not a fan of these either, I'm guessing?

jim-thome.jpg

So far it's looking like I'll have to revisit this.

No those are fine. But there's more red on those than on yours. You have all the lettering, numbers and piping in navy, along with the crown of the cap, paired with red undershirts, socks and belts. THAT does not go together.

Making the 'C' match is a great idea, though I'd probably prefer the uniform's 'C' to have a matching serif instead of taking it off the cap.

The white outline is a good choice because while the throwbacks caps look great, the red alone only works on the darker cap. The caps you made here are going to be a brighter blue and it won't work as well to have just the red 'C' I think.

A lot of concepts give the Tribe a red look at home and a navy look on the road. For you I'd suggest to either do the same, or make the primary color of the numbers, letters, and piping red. As it is I'd have to somewhat agree that it seems a bit unbalanced.

Oh, and I love the alternate for obvious reasons.

Alright, I've made some updates.

-Wordmarks are now red. I wanted to keep the colors somewhat balanced but since the wordmarks stuck out like a sore thumb, I switched them to red.

-I've switched to the wordmark with serifs (80s, 90s), to match the block "C" with serifs, which looks much better, IMO

-Decided to switch the wordmark color instead of the cap color because the Indians have been wearing a navy cap with a red bill as the primary cap at home since the mid 70s.

IndiansHome2.png

IndiansRoad2.png

IndiansAl2.png

The biggest problem with this set, (and the current Indians identity) is that they can look like two different teams depending on the day of the week. In this instance, the blue alternate would have them looking like a different team than the home and road primaries.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The biggest problem with this set, (and the current Indians identity) is that they can look like two different teams depending on the day of the week. In this instance, the blue alternate would have them looking like a different team than the home and road primaries.

I don't know how much I agree with that.

I mean there are a lot of teams with mismatched sets. Some are traditionally mismatched (Yankees, Reds, Cubs, Mets) and others that aren't exactly traditional teams, but have sported mismatched sets (Padres).

To tell you the truth, I don't know what separates this set from any of those teams' sets, other than the history behind them.

Also, this really wouldn't be much different from a throwback alternate, would it? (It is essentially the alternate they unveiled yesterday which already isn't much different than their previous navy alternate uniforms).

The alternate would ideally be a weekend home uniform. Why not change it up with an alternate?

Archived