NFL Nike Redesign 2012

hyundaddy279

To start off, I did the Cincinatti Bengals

1zqx79v.png

e5k5l2.png

dm8e4o.png

The stripes on the shoulders (and supposed to be the pants, it must not have saved) are supposed to have a tiger stripe watermark, inspired by the Korea Republic's soccer uniforms

http://www.soccerpro.com/common/images/377486_611_Nike_South_Korea_Home_Jersey_2010_zm.jpg

C&C Would Be Great

And by the way, I only plan on doing concepts of teams that realistically could get new uniforms. It's very unlikely that I will be doing i.e. the Packers, Steelers, etc.

This is 10,000 times better than that mess they're wearing now, great work!! I would, however, like to see the full body Bengal, instead of the wordmark under the collar. I love the striped socks, as always. Maybe the collar on the orange jersey should be orange. Once again, great work!

And, please do some minor tweaks to the Steelers, like the return to gray facemasks, and the block lettering.

A couple issues with what you've got so far (related to presentation)-- the stroke thickness on the back numbers is different than the front, and the shoulder stripes don't match from front to back.

As far as uni design, I'm afraid you've downgraded from their current look. While not necessarily the most jaw-dropping look in the NFL, they now look like more like the Browns than ever-- not a good idea for an in-state rival. It has potential, but I think it needs a bit of refining and some more planning.

A couple issues with what you've got so far (related to presentation)-- the stroke thickness on the back numbers is different than the front, and the shoulder stripes don't match from front to back.

As far as uni design, I'm afraid you've downgraded from their current look. While not necessarily the most jaw-dropping look in the NFL, they now look like more like the Browns than ever-- not a good idea for an in-state rival. It has potential, but I think it needs a bit of refining and some more planning.

This is my first concept ever, I'm still trying to get the hang of Inkscape down. Progressively my concepts should look a lot more cleaner as the time goes on

My original idea was to modernize Cincy's uni's from the Corey Dillon era, which I personally believe was one of their better uniforms

p1_dillon.jpg

This is my first concept ever, I'm still trying to get the hang of Inkscape down. Progressively my concepts should look a lot more cleaner as the time goes on

My original idea was to modernize Cincy's uni's from the Corey Dillon era, which I personally believe were their best uniforms.p1_dillon.jpg

Fixed, anyway, I think if you make the normal home orange, then they might not look as much like the Browns, and besides, the primary colors of Bengals and any tiger for the matter are orange so their home should be orange in the first place.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

To start off, I did the Cincinatti Bengals

1zqx79v.png

e5k5l2.png

dm8e4o.png

The stripes on the shoulders (and supposed to be the pants, it must not have saved) are supposed to have a tiger stripe watermark, inspired by the Korea Republic's soccer uniforms

http://www.soccerpro.com/common/images/377486_611_Nike_South_Korea_Home_Jersey_2010_zm.jpg

C&C Would Be Great

Wow! When did the Browns go Black?

spacer.png

UPDATE

So after hearing how much the Bengals resembled the Browns, I decided to try out the Bengals current number font since everyone's more used to seeing it. I also added the NFL logos, and I put the full body bengal on the back of the jersey, right below the collar. Many teams (Cardinals, Bills, Vikings, etc.) have it, and I believe the Bengals can have it since their main logo isn't on their helmets. I'd like to hear your guyses opinions before I make this a permanent change. Thanks

2ee8mdz.png

And by the way, next up on my concepts is Denver, then probably Philly (which should be receiving a lot of hate/love)

It's an interesting update, but I think it misses the biggest issue, and in fact, created a few more. In doing this, the nameplate is much lower, thus the number is way too far down the back of the uniform. On a lot of guys, half their number would be missing when tucked in. I think the best way to address this is to take it more in the direction of the photo you posted, a little bolder. It still says Browns to me.

I think the idea is there... But I would try something with almost zero white. Just black and orange. There should be enough contract between the two to pull it off.

Also, fix the helmet. You need some more stripes there. :)

UPDATE

So after hearing how much the Bengals resembled the Browns, I decided to try out the Bengals current number font since everyone's more used to seeing it. I also added the NFL logos, and I put the full body bengal on the back of the jersey, right below the collar. Many teams (Cardinals, Bills, Vikings, etc.) have it, and I believe the Bengals can have it since their main logo isn't on their helmets. I'd like to hear your guyses opinions before I make this a permanent change. Thanks

2ee8mdz.png

And by the way, next up on my concepts is Denver, then probably Philly (which should be receiving a lot of hate/love)

Major presentation issues on this update, the first set was better, maybe add a little more distinctive tiger striping. I dont think the bengal needs to be on the back of the jersey. Please clean up this whole set before moving on, this has great potential.

The update still does not help out that much because of the striping on the uniform. The issue with the Bengals current set is the white panels under the arms, if those were removed it would a fantastic set IMO.

spacer.png

Archived