Hockey by Viper

Viper

Believe it or not, all the time I've been on these boards I've never done a concept series. Until now.

Here I will be posting various hockey jersey concepts, mostly for NHL teams, but with the occasional minor-league, college and national team concept sprinkled in every now and then.

I will start with my beloved Minnesota Wild. This is basically a "best of both worlds" concept, blending elements from their various "modern" and "retro" designs. In particular, you'll notice that:

• The primary crest is, well, primary again.
  • The script logo from the current third jersey is now the shoulder patch on both home and away jerseys.
  • Both jerseys use green and one of the other team colors (wheat for home, red for away) for non-logo elements.

Home jerseys:

NHL_MIN_home.png

Away jerseys:

NHL_MIN_away.png

Letters/numbers:

NHL_MIN_LN.png

I haven't done a third jersey yet. I have a half-formed idea in mind (similar to the current wheat-on-green third jersey but inverted to green-on-wheat) but I'm not really in love with it yet.

Anyway, let the flaming C&C commence...

CCSLC signature.png

I like the simplicity of the template, you seem to get that not everything has to be over designed. Honestly I don't think any shoulder patch/logo is needed.

As I said, this is a "best of both worlds" concept. I like the wordmark on the current thirds, but not enough to replace the primary logo on the front. On the other hand, the wordmark patch they have on their current away jerseys sucks @$$. So, I just switched wordmarks for the patch.

CCSLC signature.png

It's not bad, but I'm not crazy about having such a complex logo on such plain jerseys.

I like where you're going with these, but I have to agree here... the primary logo is just too complex to work with such a minimalist template. If you swapped it out for the script (which looks awkward as a shoulder patch, IMO) these would look so much better.

I like these.

The swapping of the shoulder and chest logos would look great on the home jerseys.

I'm not so sure that it would look better on the aways.

The whites, IMO need that extra red on the front for a little more pizzaz and to "match" the back red.

I like the aways as you have them.

I don't mind these at all, my only complaint is taking away the Wild's unique number font for something generic. I don't like that.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived