The Robbman's Uniform Evolution Challenge

robbman21

Okay here is my first ever challenge.I'm breaking this down into 4 parts based on the 4 major sports leagues of North America.My challenge to all is to do a complete uni concept based on teams I select from MLB,NBA,NHL,and NFL.The

rules are you have to evolve,update,or modernize teams who've had a complete re-design in the last 20 years,including some defunct teams.You can either use the old colors on the new uni,the new colors on the old,or for more of a challenge you can completely evolve the 80's uniform-using the same basic concepts-to be used in todays leagues.First-up is the NHL,since the Finals are about to begin. The teams are the Rainbow V Canucks,the royal and gold Buffalo Sabres,the red,white,and blue Capitals,the Whalers,the Islanders,and the Colorado Rockies.

Submissions to this will close on Thursday,May 27th at 8pm central (9est),and voting will begin.Depending on the # of submissions I will either have you vote for

3 or maybe even 5 if there are many entries,and the same points as the Logolympiad will apply.You can post more than one concept but only one will be used in voting.I also will post any concepts I do but have not decided yet if I will vote or not(feedback would help:) ) Okay guys,those are the rules,good luck and let me see what you've got!!Feel free to post or PM with any questions.

98Falcons.png

As an example,here is my updated/retro Canucks jersey based on the old 'V's.May

also post my Islanders one here as well to try to get the ball rolling on this challenge.

Vancouver Canucks

Canucks_Retro_Update.jpg

98Falcons.png

Well....guess I'm the only one entering my own challenge :cry: Anyway,here is my Islanders concept.From what I have read on this board you gotta do an Isles concept...like a rite of passage or something!Anyway,just updated it a bit and added silver.Also have my re-worked logos at bottom.

NY_Islanders_Updated_Retro.jpg

Isles_Logos.jpg

98Falcons.png

I like the shoulder logo for the Islanders. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I do plan on entering... I've been busy with real-world stuff lately, but I think I may tackle the Rockies.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Anyway,here is my Islanders concept.From what I have read on this board you gotta do an Isles concept...like a rite of passage or something!

The problem with entering an Isles in THIS contest, is that today's uni is pretty much the same as the original. Unless you use the Rangers' Fans' favourite, Captain Highliner, there's not much room for evolution.

Any reason you didn't chose the Original "Hockey Stick" Canucks?

I may give the Caps and the Sabres a try...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

It was down to the Isles or Whalers

I have a déjà-vu feeling, something I've seen on one of the SSUR of SLUNnet sites (anybody can authentify this for me?)

Can't remember the author, but the name file has the name "the king" in it or something, sounds familiar?

I don't know people around here too much, so I can't say you weren't the creator of that concept, but can you see the similarities?

Anyway, have a look and tell me what you think...

TATC-TheNewJohnKing-kings.gif

@Frenchie_TO

I actually saw that this week. Like my isles competiton entry, I made this a while ago. About August of last year.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

On a more practical note, hav eyou ever wondered how those very symetrical concepts would translate on fabric?

Trying to figure out what are the existing pro shirts with the most complex structures???

Predators, Sharks maybe...

@Frenchie_TO

Here's my Rockies set... It's kind of an Avalanche-meets-mid-90s-Blues feel. Comments are welcome, as always:

pittunited_oldrockies_hockey.jpg

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Wow that's awesome, pittunited! Simply marvelous stuff, right there. And now, as promised, my entry, the Washington Capitals evolution concept; red, white and blue:

caps-concept.gif

C&C Welcome!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Wow that's awesome, pittunited! Simply marvelous stuff, right there. And now, as promised, my entry, the Washington Capitals evolution concept; red, white and blue:

Absolutely WICKED!!!

Especially the Home and Away...

@Frenchie_TO

Great stuff so far everyone! Terrific!

Eddie... one comment if I may... the prominence of black in the logo (which BTW looks better in red, white, and blue than in dark blue and copper) and the complete lack of it in the jersey is at odds. It wouldn't need a lot of black, but just some trim separation perhaps using some reasonably thick black lines. (On the blue jersey you might try just replacing the white trim with black.)

Just a suggestion... take it as you want.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Absolutely WICKED!!!

Especially the Home and Away...

Why thank you. The Home and Road I did myself, but the red Alt is a modernized version of Washington's 1985 red away jersey. Glad you liked them!

Eddie... one comment if I may... the prominence of black in the logo (which BTW looks better in red, white, and blue than in dark blue and copper) and the complete lack of it in the jersey is at odds. It wouldn't need a lot of black, but just some trim separation perhaps using some reasonably thick black lines. (On the blue jersey you might try just replacing the white trim with black.)

Just a suggestion... take it as you want.

Thank you for the criticism. I did think about the black, but I decided to go with an EXTREME patriotic feel, sticking with the red white and blue. The black doesn't sound bad, perhaps I'll make a prototype or something and then figure out my final entry.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

It was down to the Isles or Whalers

I have a déjà-vu feeling, something I've seen on one of the SSUR of SLUNnet sites (anybody can authentify this for me?)

Can't remember the author, but the name file has the name "the king" in it or something, sounds familiar?

I don't know people around here too much, so I can't say you weren't the creator of that concept, but can you see the similarities?

Anyway, have a look and tell me what you think...

TATC-TheNewJohnKing-kings.gif

That's mine.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived