Introducting: Western University

DEAD!

In Ontario we used to just refer to it as Western, much like here in Michigan the universities are just called Western, Eastern, Central, etc. That makes perfect sense, because the Ontario/Michigan is implied to locals.

Representing yourself as "Western" University, when you're located in the Eastern/Central portion of the country doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

In Ontario we used to just refer to it as Western, much like here in Michigan the universities are just called Western, Eastern, Central, etc. That makes perfect sense, because the Ontario/Michigan is implied to locals.

Representing yourself as "Western" University, when you're located in the Eastern/Central portion of the country doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

I'm sure people throughout Canada know when bringing up "Western" it implies Western Ontario. I don't think there is another post-secondary school in this country that has "Western" in the name.

I saw, I came, I left.

• 1 month later...

Being my university's (Lakehead) chief hockey rival I've really only heard the university referred to as Western. No one calls it the long drawn out name of 'University of Western Ontario'.

As far as the comment about it not making sense calling yourself 'Western' university even thought you are in the Central/Eastern part of Canada, from a geographical standpoint even the 'Western Ontario' doesn't make a lot of sense unless you exclude the northern 3/4 or so of the province of Ontario.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

It's kind of like Northwestern University, but it hasn't been called Northwest Territory since 1803.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived