JLopesXC MLB Concepts

JLopesXC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C! C! C! C!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

This is probably the most complete concept I've ever posted on here and probably my best yet in my opinion.

Thanks for all the help everyone, I went with option C as my choice for a primary and made some final adjustments. I also added my scripts and my alternate logos.

I hope you all like it! C+C is still appreciated, I'm always up for some changes.

Thanks guys

PadresPresentation.png

i am a fan of that cap logo. it looks really cool. of course, you placing the swinging friar on the alternate hat right? the scripts look alright.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Just noticed this thread. I liked option B. I like the flat bottom to the logo. I don't like the cap logo. A perfectly round cap logo would be strange. I know this is not terribly innovative, but an interlocking "SD" would be best. Everything else is fantastic.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm not really feeling the cap logo either. What about the SD with a palm tree/leaf behind it?

I literally did that exact logo made, then I went to simplify the palm trees and ended up scrapping it.

I really like the SD logo I have now, although its not very consistent with the primary, being there are no waves in the primary which is what I ended up with in the one I have now. So I'll probably keep it as a tertiary and work on a new interlocking SD cap logo like I had before.

Thanks everyone for the input I'll be back later tonight with a new cap logo possibly.

Alright so photoshop crashed on me a few days ago which set me back with the uniforms I was working on, so here's a quick update to my logos.

I've had a busy weekend so hopefully I'll have uniforms soon and I may revisit a Tampa Bay relocation I had done last semester once I finish this.

Thanks everyone for c+c and whatnot.

PadresPresentation-1.png

I like where this is going. The workmarks look great and the logo has come around very well. I like the use of palm trees. I'd rather the "SD" interlock, but that's my only issue.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like where this is going. The workmarks look great and the logo has come around very well. I like the use of palm trees. I'd rather the "SD" interlock, but that's my only issue.

because of the font I'm using it's hard to get them to interlock because the lettering is so thin and tall. I've tried to figure that out but its been tricky.

now this is perfect!

This is probably the most complete concept I've ever posted on here and probably my best yet in my opinion.

Thanks for all the help everyone, I went with option C as my choice for a primary and made some final adjustments. I also added my scripts and my alternate logos.

I hope you all like it! C+C is still appreciated, I'm always up for some changes.

Thanks guys

PadresPresentation.png

this is REALLY awesome, big improvement from your original post. cant wait to see the uniforms. Great job!!

might be cool to everything in the retro brown/yellow color scheme?

Jack Gambro Goal Line Design

These are my final logos and my first ever attempt at ANY uniform set EVER. So be easy on me with the unis. I think they came out pretty good.

I truly appreciate the time put in to everyone's concepts on these boards now because this took me quite some time the past week or so.

So thanks to all who gave me advice, I may be switching my college major to graphic design next year so I hope this puts me ahead of the game a little bit!

C+C is greatly appreciated

PadresPresentation-2.png

Definately C. The full circle makes it look more complete. You've incorporated alot of elements into one clean logo. Love the palm trees and the bricks. Not sure if that little wave under the wordmark is meant to actually symbolize a wave, but if so, phenomenal.

Unis look good. Only criticism would be that the 'S' and 'D' on the patch and cap don't look offset enough. Almost looks like it was dont by accident. Maybe pull the S up a bit and the D down.

sig.png

So here's my Carolina Rays logo. I saw their old cap logo from the first gen. uniforms and I fell in love. I simplified the coloring on the Ray and I think this is much better than the sun ray thing they got going on now. And the Carolina's need pro ball so I thought it'd be a good fit. And yes, they have Manta Rays in Carolina.

rays3.png

Sorry about the image size...I never know how big they'll come out when I post them. :blink:

Archived