2012 NCAA Lacrosse Thread

RyanMcD29

This tournament's gonna be wild. I have no idea who's going to be in the Final Four.

I would've had Penn State in over Denver or Princeton in my final team in, but really that could've gone either way between those 3 teams plus Fairfield. And really, everyone besides Loyola and Hopkins should be on upset alert for the first round with the way this season's been going.

Just a few things on the seeding. How the hell is Hopkins a 2-seed? I had them as a 4 or a 5 (all the bracketology's I saw this week had them as a 6). I guess the Navy loss didn't hurt them at all. I probably would've had Duke and Notre Dame ahead of them, granted ND had a bad loss against St. John's. I also thought Lehigh and UNC would've been flip-flopped, and quite honestly I would've had UMass ahead of Virginia even with the precedent of Notre Dame in 2009 as a 7-seed even though they were undefeated in the regular season.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

And the first half of RyanMcD's trollwagon has been... *puts on some sunglasses* Juiced.

which is to say Duke won. Also, UMass is unbeaten no more... next weekend in Annapolis, it'll be 3rd seeded Duke taking on 11th seeded Colgate.

And the first half of RyanMcD's trollwagon has been... *puts on some sunglasses* Juiced.

which is to say Duke won. Also, UMass is unbeaten no more... next weekend in Annapolis, it'll be 3rd seeded Duke taking on 11th seeded Colgate.

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well, all I could really ask for with this year's Cuse team was a tournament berth, so I'll take that and wait patiently for 2013. Loyola, after a first half scare, takes scare of Canisius early. If you want something to watch during Caps-Rangers intermission or Celtics-Sixers halftime, I highly recommend watching UNC-Denver. It's expected to be one big offense-fest

ffMc5dZ.png

I dunno... Loyola-Duke sounds like a better championship game then anything involving the Slow-as-Turtle Terps.

That's what I'm hoping for. The Dukies better knock off the Stall-Balling Terps if the championship is going to be any type of exciting.

ffMc5dZ.png

So I went to the women's championship game out in Stony Brook and, well, let's just say my years of yelling at refs at high school girls lacrosse games carried over to my first college women's game. Northwestern wins their 7th title in 8th years regardless in a pretty well played game by both teams

ffMc5dZ.png

So I went to the women's championship game out in Stony Brook and, well, let's just say my years of yelling at refs at high school girls lacrosse games carried over to my first college women's game. Northwestern wins their 7th title in 8th years regardless in a pretty well played game by both teams

NW did kind of rub me the wrong way with all their stalling. It doesn't really bother me that they won though, because Syracuse still had to produce when they did have the ball and they couldn't get it done.

As for the men's game, Loyola was just too much for the Terps to handle. They dominated the last three quarters, and are now the smallest school (enrollment just under 4K) ever to win the D-I title.

CCSLC signature.png

I was rooting for the Terps. However, it was a close call on who I would be pulling for and I certainly have no problem with the Hounds winning (particularly since Loyola is about 10 miles from my house . . . if that).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived