MLB Uniform Rankings

HolyStroke

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, the Nats don't even get an explanation? Cold as ice.

Hehe, they have a very solid, middle of the pack look. Their recent update got them looking as good as they ever has since moving to Washington. There may be an over-abundance of red, white, and blue uniforms in MLB, but what do you expect from a team in the capital of the United States named the "Nationals"? It's the only colour scheme that really works. Plus they used red, white, and blue in Montreal, so the organization has a substantial history with it.

Honestly, I would have knocked them a few spaces higher if they went with their new "Nationals" script on the home and red alternate jerseys. As it is now, while they certainly look good, there's just to many script W's on those uniforms, between the chest logo, the sleeve patch, and the cap. The Nationals script would have gone a long way towards relieving that.

Nationals - literally the only changes that needed to be made to this uniform set were to wear this cap at home and this cap on the road. Now they have a discombobulated mess of hats and uniforms and scripts that don't look good.

Huh? There's one script.

[images of Nationals players]

That's discombobulating to you?

I agree with what Lights Out has pointed out. I might be in the minority here amongst Nats fans, but the interlocking "DC" hat is far superior than the curly "W" one. If memory serves me correctly, it's too bad that the one of the Lerners hated that logo. Also, I am happy that the Nats dropped gold from the color palette as there was simply no need for it.

I'll do a quick top-10 and a bottom-5.

TOP 10

1. Tigers

2. Red Sox

3. Athletics

4. Braves

5. White Sox

6. Yankees (home is perfect - road, not so much. White trim needs to go, at the very least).

7. Cardinals

8. Blue Jays

9. Pirates

10a. Dodgers

10b. Mariners

BOTTOM 5

26. Marlins (light blue should have been the new secondary color instead of orange, and the numbers are atrocious)

27. Rays (The "OH NOES DEVIL IZ BAD! PC PC PC" rebrand is one of the worst in recent memory. The previous set was perfect as is, whereas the current set is much too generic for a 90's Floridian expansion team. At the very least, go back to green and blue.

28. Astros (They just need to start from scratch. The current look is very outdated. A switch to blue and orange as well as a renewed emphasis on space would be the right direction).

29. Nationals (A reluctant 29, because I think they're trying. The product is not great however - many more problems than good things going for it. Never been a big fan of the Walgreen's "W" for starters, as I am one of the admittedly VERY few who think the Nats should've based thier look on the old, OLD Senators, more specifically the Killebrew era. But aside from that, the stars and stripes jerseys and caps are terribly gaudy, the roadie needs to either commit fully to red or add more navy to balance, and dropping gold from the scheme was a mistake)

30. Diamondbacks (What else could I say that already hasn't been said before? Astros knockoff colors, awful, AWFUL wordmarks, and a terribke all around set in comparison to the sharp, unique previous set. Yes, yes, I get that purple-teal-copper-black screams 90's, but it also screams Arizona, and that's where they got a pass from me. That previous set was as fantastically and vibrantly Southwestern as it could get, and now the identity is just bland and dark. Arizona needs to just start all over - new colors, wordmarks, everything.)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Nationals - literally the only changes that needed to be made to this uniform set were to wear this cap at home and this cap on the road. Now they have a discombobulated mess of hats and uniforms and scripts that don't look good.

Huh? There's one script.

I agree with what Lights Out has pointed out. I might be in the minority here amongst Nats fans, but the interlocking "DC" hat is far superior than the curly "W" one. If memory serves me correctly, it's too bad that the one of the Lerners hated that logo. Also, I am happy that the Nats dropped gold from the color palette as there was simply no need for it.

I agree that dropping the gold was great, but I definitely prefer the curly W to the interlocking DC. In my opinion interlocking letters has been pretty overdone in the world of baseball logos.

90758391980.gif

Huh? There's one script.

I agree that dropping the gold was great, but I definitely prefer the curly W to the interlocking DC. In my opinion interlocking letters has been pretty overdone in the world of baseball logos.

Single letter logos out number interlocking letter logos, 20-14, roughly.

Huh? There's one script.

Yeah but how many of them are in cursive? The Phillies perhaps, that's about it. Oh, and the Braves I suppose.

90758391980.gif

Huh? There's one script.

Yeah but how many of them are in cursive? The Phillies perhaps, that's about it. Oh, and the Braves I suppose.

Yeah, but how many also come with someone asking, "with or without salt"?

Huh? There's one script.

You mean cause it looks like Walgreens? It's a pharmacy, not a fast food joint man, I don't think they ask that there.

90758391980.gif

Huh? There's one script.

It would have been interesting if they would have gone with the DC caps full time and left the curly W in the dustbin of history. Would have been more correct too. The capital of the United States has legally been known as the "District of Columbia" since 1871.

Huh? There's one script.

You mean cause it looks like Walgreens? It's a pharmacy, not a fast food joint man, I don't think they ask that there.

A pretzel, dude. Because it looks like a pretzel.

Archived