brandIDENTITY: A New Era of Horse Power

tBBP

Good one...didn't even catch that. Well the city of Indy better hope that guy's the good luck charm they're gonna need then. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

One idea that I've always wondered about for the Colts (pardon me if this has been mentioned or done before):

What about turning the horseshoe on it's side to form a 'C'? I've always thought this was a logical move. Just the other day my wife (not a football fan) saw the Colts current helmet and asked "who that 'U' team is".

I really like the new details (rivets on the shoulders, new number font) you've added though. Good work.

I actually did think about that?turning the horseshoe on its side to form the "C" in "COLTS". But it didn't look good at all, especially since with most serified typefaces the "C"in doesn't have that bottom serif. If you look closely at the "C" in that script I made, you'll see it actually is a slightly modified horseshoe, turned on its side...and the serif that was left is what I used to model the look of the serifs on the rest of the letters and on the numbers.

(I've been relentless in studying letters and typography lately...can you tell? :P)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

One idea that I've always wondered about for the Colts (pardon me if this has been mentioned or done before):

What about turning the horseshoe on it's side to form a 'C'? I've always thought this was a logical move. Just the other day my wife (not a football fan) saw the Colts current helmet and asked "who that 'U' team is".

I really like the new details (rivets on the shoulders, new number font) you've added though. Good work.

Isn't that considered bad luck, though?

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah it's bad luck to have a horse shoe sideways or upside down because having it the way they do holds the "luck" in the bowl of the shoe, turning it sideways would allow it to run out (I'm pretty sure that's why hah)

Well hmmrph. Learn something new every day.

Archived