brandIDENTITY: A New Era of Horse Power

tBBP

This upcoming NFL season will simply be just a new season for many teams. For the one in Indianapolis, it'll signify the start of a whole new era. And truth be told, many around this town are mighty jazzed about it. So to that end...why not start all the way over??

Actually...hold your horses.

I didn't re-invent the wheel here; what I did do was finish out what I wanted to do originally with my Colts NPC concept set. For the most part, the basic blue and white look remains?I couldn't pull myself to part with that color scheme nor add to it. I did, however, add some embellishments. Well actually, back up?one thing did change: the horseshoe logo, freshened up and brought into the current age. Along with that freshened logo comes a new script mark, something I've been working on for quite a while, and one I think came off mighty sharp, once I figured it out. That script and the uniforms share a common feature: the rivet holes. Some of you msy remember those from the NPC set; they're back here. Oh and, because by now you know I'm good for this, I finally managed to nail down a new set of numbers based off the new script. Still one-color, but I feel adds "character". Actually, that was my entire aim...to fuse more character into the look without losing the essence of the overall aesthetic...AND, to finally give the Indianapolis Colts their own look, to take into the new ere.

Here they are...have at them.

INDcolts_stylebook1.png

INDcolts_stylebook2.png

There they are...holla back.

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What would the numbers look like if each one had a pattern similar to that in the horseshoe and striping? Those little holes in the numbers might at least give more consistency. Still looks good though.

For some reason I don't like the dots on the shoulder and pants stripes, they just seem too much. I know what you were trying to do, but it goes a step too far.

Besides that, its totally t i t s (seriously, that is censored?). I'll be back up in June. When you are in town let me know.

I think this is a fresh update-even if you didn't include the holes in the stripes. The holes seem more decorative than communicating "horse." The font choices for the wordmark and numbers do add character and are a good fit. And of course, the striped socks!

(And how did I miss that helmet template? Is that still posted?)

This is a great update on their current set. I love that you removed the gray facemask and went back to blue which is something that should have never been removed in the first place.

spacer.png

Logo and wordmark are top notch. I find the nails on the stripes to be a bit too gimmicky, and I prefer one-stripe on the helmet and also on the pants. I'm on the fence with the numbers. I don't really like the colored cuffs (I never do).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You kniw what?I didn't even think about that. Good point. (Why IS the Texans' collar so fat, anyway?)

Perhaps I should look at an edit or two...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived