Mexico's First MLB Team, A Concept

BigRed618

According to an interview with Bud Selig, MLB won't be expanding for a while yet, but when it does, it will most likely be in Latin America. My concept for MLB's first Mexican team is inspired by sports clubs in Europe that have teams in several sports, such as FC Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Here is Club America de Beisbol.

ameunis.png

I made the home unis primarily yellow and the roads primarily blue, to reflect the colors of the franchise's soccer uniforms. Where should I go from here? I'd like to add some more red somewhere, but I can't decide where.

The sleeve patch looks too much like it's a map on top of a soccer ball. Maybe replace the lines with baseball seams.

It's CA's official logo, but maybe I could make it a baseball, if the colors don't make it look too much like a softball...

Something about the script is just not right.

I hand-drew it. That's probably why. xp

Here are my problems:

-Pick a different number font. That Pirates one isn't working.

-As eriqjaffe said, putting baseball seams on it would help out the primary logo a lot.

-I just can't imagine an MLB team being created with no mascot.

-The red on the cap logo and the patch feels out of place. Either add red or make part of it white.

-The scripts are rough, but thats understandable for a first draft.

Overall I think this concept has a lot of potential and can go very far with some fixes. Good job!

spacer.png

Look at using "Eagles" or "Millionaires" in designing a mascot-based third logo.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

It's CA's official logo, but maybe I could make it a baseball, if the colors don't make it look too much like a softball...

How does this work for you?

Club_america.pngClub_america_2.png

Club_america_3.pngClub_america_4.png

That last one is just a quick & dirty recolor if you think the yellow version is too "softball". I missed a couple parts of the map, and the stroke on the CA is a little odd, but that's what happens when I spend 2 minutes on it. ;)

Personally, I think the yellow background is more distinctive.

How does this work for you?

(imgs)

That last one is just a quick & dirty recolor if you think the yellow version is too "softball". I missed a couple parts of the map, and the stroke on the CA is a little odd, but that's what happens when I spend 2 minutes on it. ;)

Personally, I think the yellow background is more distinctive.

Wow, thanks a lot. I agree about the yellow background. I already made a baseball version of the logo, though, since I didn't know you made some for me...

ameunis.png

Also changed the numbers, fixed up the wordmark a bit, and threw together an alternate logo with a mascot, reflecting their traditional nickname, the Aguillas, Spanish for "Eagles." Problem is, I'm not sure where to use it. Maybe I'll make an alternate jersey or something.

I realize that Mexico is part of North America, but having "America" on the jerseys is wicked confusing since most people equate "America" with the United State of America.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

But that's the name of the team. The name isn't BigRed's idea.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived