College Football Concept

OfficialBailey7

I like the idea, but the execution is bad. First of all, for the love of god, get a cleaner template.

Secondly, I would just put the C on the helmet.

Finally, make a home and an away, unless you're creating single Pro Combat designs.

Im getting the away finished because the home will be just changing colors around

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charelston Cougers Away Jersey 3.0

Cougs-2.png

Okay, here is basically the same uniform on a different template. Hopefully this looks better because everything looks okay on my monitor. I changed the sleeve logo to a number and made the pants gold instead of white.

The idea of having the claws on the numbers just doesn't work. You won't be able to tell what certain numbers are because of the interference. The pants look good. The helmet logo doesn't work though. It needs to be red to mesh with the gold lid.

Let's see one with the number 88 on it.

It seems like you're just rushing something out without letting the idea formulate, and then changing everything about what you've done to what everyone suggests? come up with an original idea and formulate it. It'll be more well-received. Put purpose in the design? don't just plop things on a template and post it with a comment that basically says "okay, is this good enough?"

If you have to ask that, the answer is usually a resounding "no." ;)

Well I am happy with this so Im going to do my home unis and move on. I cant think of any numbers that would be effected by the claw so I' going to leave it that way. Thank you for the help, but this looks good to me.

That defeats the purpose of taking c&c in the first place. You designed it, so you're somewhat attached to it. If the only opinion you value is yours, "post" this on your bedroom wall. The reason for posting things here is to get comments and to improve the concept.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Well I am happy with this so Im going to do my home unis and move on. I cant think of any numbers that would be effected by the claw so I' going to leave it that way. Thank you for the help, but this looks good to me.

That defeats the purpose of taking c&c in the first place. You designed it, so you're somewhat attached to it. If the only opinion you value is yours, "post" this on your bedroom wall. The reason for posting things here is to get comments and to improve the concept.

I love c&c and ask for it... but im not following EVERY single little detail. It is my design. I will read to every c&c and try to contribute it into my design but right now its time to move on.

A little positive feedback would hurt either. It may not be the best design ever, but I've seen far worse on this site.

The paws on the numbers is a terrible design element. Can't believe you didn't take the C&C there. A lot of times I've posted concepts and a ticky-tacky thing here or there has been left despite criticism, but the functionality of masking parts of a number just kills the concept.

Agreed with BB08... Way too gimmicky. The reason I'm curious about different numbers, because 88 wouldn't fit using this current "design". A number like 14 would look totally lost on this uniform. If football only concerned numbers 0-9, fine. You can't ignore the realistic limitations/challenges of design for things like this, it adds to the "rushed" appearance.

Hey Brave-Bird, maybe you could send him that template you sent me. I think that would help this a lot, just so it's at least presented nicely.

As for the concept, the jerseys just seem so plain. There just needs to be something else there. Maybe that's just the template fooling me.

The gold pants look good, in fact, I like them. The red pants look awful however. I would ditch them, and stick to the gold pants. If you do that, you should give them a red jersey.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Hey Brave-Bird, maybe you could send him that template you sent me. I think that would help this a lot, just so it's at least presented nicely.

As for the concept, the jerseys just seem so plain. There just needs to be something else there. Maybe that's just the template fooling me.

The gold pants look good, in fact, I like them. The red pants look awful however. I would ditch them, and stick to the gold pants. If you do that, you should give them a red jersey.

i like the light colored home jersey because charelston is hot!

That literally made me facepalm.

That shouldn't be a concern. And red is not going to make it much hotter than gold is.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That literally made me facepalm.

That shouldn't be a concern. And red is not going to make it much hotter than gold is.

Okay well thats not the only reason... I like the gold! hahaha

San Francisco Dons

Dons-1.png

I can't decide whether I want gold pants and a gold helmet or white pants and a white helmet on the away jersey. Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with this, but it is definatly missing something. I really want to add a little black somewhere, but where? Also, I decided to go no name on the back, because the font really doesn't really look good.

Here's another concept where things just look a little forced. Usually just forcing a logo on pants isn't the way to go. It's much more aesthetically pleasing to see some type of variation or abstraction of an element, rather than just slapping a logo down. For instance, Troy uses a sword pattern on the helmet and pants...instead of just using the sword itself. Another issue here is the numerals. They are too big and wide, it looks like. I also feel like you aren't showing the optimal combinations. For San Fran, I feel the gold helmet is going to look best paired with a green jersey and either gold or green pants. The white helmet surely will look decent with the white jersey and green pants. The home combination you have shown isn't very good.

Archived