College Football Concept

OfficialBailey7

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another concept where things just look a little forced. Usually just forcing a logo on pants isn't the way to go. It's much more aesthetically pleasing to see some type of variation or abstraction of an element, rather than just slapping a logo down. For instance, Troy uses a sword pattern on the helmet and pants...instead of just using the sword itself. Another issue here is the numerals. They are too big and wide, it looks like. I also feel like you aren't showing the optimal combinations. For San Fran, I feel the gold helmet is going to look best paired with a green jersey and either gold or green pants. The white helmet surely will look decent with the white jersey and green pants. The home combination you have shown isn't very good.

Well I don't know who to listen to. Everyone was telling me to add the swordside to xavier and I add it here and I'm critisized. I really dont know how to impress people on these boards.

I actually had the all whites for the road unis and the gold helmet, and pants for the home. I guess Ill try that next.

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

Please listen to Brave-Bird: He's giving you good advice, he's a well-respected poster, and he has plenty of work posted on here to prove he knows what he is talking about. Take a look at some of his concepts. Uniforms aren't my game, so I stick to signatures, helmets, etc. But if you want to learn, imitate some of the people like Brave-Bird who demonstrate that they know their stuff.

Just some friendly advice.

Well I am happy with this so Im going to do my home unis and move on. I cant think of any numbers that would be effected by the claw so I' going to leave it that way. Thank you for the help, but this looks good to me.

That defeats the purpose of taking c&c in the first place. You designed it, so you're somewhat attached to it. If the only opinion you value is yours, "post" this on your bedroom wall. The reason for posting things here is to get comments and to improve the concept.

I love c&c and ask for it... but im not following EVERY single little detail. It is my design. I will read to every c&c and try to contribute it into my design but right now its time to move on.

A little positive feedback would hurt either. It may not be the best design ever, but I've seen far worse on this site.

After some of the comments you've made on here, I'm still suprised Brave Bird is giving you any suggestions. Why would you post if your not willing to change things you know need to be changed?

Regarding the last bold comment, I haven't.

spacer.png

Well I am happy with this so Im going to do my home unis and move on. I cant think of any numbers that would be effected by the claw so I' going to leave it that way. Thank you for the help, but this looks good to me.

That defeats the purpose of taking c&c in the first place. You designed it, so you're somewhat attached to it. If the only opinion you value is yours, "post" this on your bedroom wall. The reason for posting things here is to get comments and to improve the concept.

I love c&c and ask for it... but im not following EVERY single little detail. It is my design. I will read to every c&c and try to contribute it into my design but right now its time to move on.

A little positive feedback would hurt either. It may not be the best design ever, but I've seen far worse on this site.

After some of the comments you've made on here, I'm still suprised Brave Bird is giving you any suggestions. Why would you post if your not willing to change things you know need to be changed?

Regarding the last bold comment, I haven't.

Really?

Here's some C&C on the concept:

Here's another concept where things just look a little forced. Usually just forcing a logo on pants isn't the way to go. It's much more aesthetically pleasing to see some type of variation or abstraction of an element, rather than just slapping a logo down. For instance, Troy uses a sword pattern on the helmet and pants...instead of just using the sword itself. Another issue here is the numerals. They are too big and wide, it looks like. I also feel like you aren't showing the optimal combinations. For San Fran, I feel the gold helmet is going to look best paired with a green jersey and either gold or green pants. The white helmet surely will look decent with the white jersey and green pants. The home combination you have shown isn't very good.

So, you took care of the easiest part, and ignored the glaring issues on this concept. Those numerals are way too large (I suggest you use the number 88 if you're having trouble with number sizes), and the pants logo is totally forced. You say you haven't rushed these? look at the wrist bands. Give it at least a once-over before you post.

So, you took care of the easiest part, and ignored the glaring issues on this concept. Those numerals are way too large (I suggest you use the number 88 if you're having trouble with number sizes), and the pants logo is totally forced. You say you haven't rushed these? look at the wrist bands. Give it at least a once-over before you post.

Okay. Thanks Ill fix the numerals when I get a chance and definatly the wrist bands. By the way do you have any ideas for the pants? I had a good idea for pants but I used it to get me started on gonzaga so..

Okay. Thanks Ill fix the numerals when I get a chance and definatly the wrist bands. By the way do you have any ideas for the pants? I had a good idea for pants but I used it to get me started on gonzaga so..

Do a little more research into these schools. There is a lot more to these teams than just their logos, which is about the only thing you are using for inspiration. Traditions, buildings, other jerseys, old jerseys, other pieces of imagery, etc. The san fran one falls flat cause you have 4 or 5 of the same sword on there, and the others too. Expand, and honestly a good concept is built around actually understanding your concept past, "it sure looks niffty".

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I was thinking about posting some C&C. But after reading the things that Dr. Doug and Brave Bird have said to you, and you not taking any of the comments into your second version has made it pretty obvious no matter how much we shove C&C down your throat you won't listen. So maybe you need to just hear the truth. Your concept :censored:ing sucks..

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Charelston Cougars Away Jersey 2.0

Cougs-1.png

Better? I added the claw marks to the pants and a I added a Helmet. I really didn't think a helmet stripe would work with this set, so i went with the plain helmet. And YES I am finished this time unless I get some better ideas. Consider Xavier a scratch now, I'm redoing the whole set later on. Stay tuned!

Isn't that claw mark design a Villanova logo?

Edit: Oh it is...

8nnvelns73fpg54o6jhy.gif

I was thinking about posting some C&C. But after reading the things that Dr. Doug and Brave Bird have said to you, and you not taking any of the comments into your second version has made it pretty obvious no matter how much we shove C&C down your throat you won't listen. So maybe you need to just hear the truth. Your concept :censored:ing sucks..

Okay I did the claw mark like they said. I made the numbers smaller (haven't posted it yet) i changed the pants to brave-birds suggested colors. I dont know what a "sword pattern" is but I would gladly add it to my design. How am I not listening to them?

P.S. can someone give me an example of a sword pattern.

Abstraction or variation could be a pattern, but it doesn't have to be. Think outside the box, and apparently look up abstraction in the dictionary.

Examples: Rutgers' new helmet, Oregon's shoulders, Cal's pant stripes. In other words, what we've been telling you since concept #1: be original. Don't just slap logos on.

Archived