Seattle Serpents Concept

ocel0t

Here's an idea I had for an American Football team called the Seattle Serpents, which I thought had a nice ring to it. Below are two different versions, one with and one without a neck. The latter would probably fit better on a helmet, but I think the former looks better.

Serpentslogos.png

Thoughts?

ScreenShot2012-05-28at102740PM-1.jpg

YNWA

I don't see serpent as much as Dragon. I know historically the images were interchangable, but to "Average Joe" it would look like Seattle Dragons.

You could go a common route and incorporate some Haida/Tlingit imagery like this.

sea_serpent.gif

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Alright, I added some eyes and did not like it at all, but maybe there's a better way I could do it. I personally see the empty blue spaces as eyes on the original, but what do you guys think?

I could make it more "serpenty", but personally when I think of a sea serpent I think of a dragon-like creature.

ScreenShot2012-05-26at55624PM.png

I know it still needs work, but feedback would be appreciated!

YNWA

I like how this is coming along. I'd try experimenting with the eyes some more. Try white without a blue outline. If you think dropping the outline is losing too much detail, maybe put in a slit pupil. Or maybe even try solid *red* eyes.

rATMcmK.png

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I decided to take a bit of a change in direction, since I just couldn't make the eye look good. It's a bit less serpentine, and has a less "pointy" feel. I'm not sure if I like this better, just an idea.

ScreenShot2012-06-06at65918PM.png

Thoughts?

YNWA

I'm digging the "Seattle blue" one--the green veers it towards "dragon", but the Seattle blue both makes it look like a sea creature (moreso than green ever could, really), plus helps tie in with the city's identity. Much improved, though I feel like it's missing something--maybe a fin-shaped ear?

rATMcmK.png

Alright, so I decided to take a bit of a change in direction, since I just couldn't make the eye look good. It's a bit less serpentine, and has a less "pointy" feel. I'm not sure if I like this better, just an idea.

ScreenShot2012-06-06at65918PM.png

Thoughts?

Change of direction, get it cause it's facing the other way, get it? *chirp chirp*

A great update :)

I don't love the expression on the new one. It looks as if someone complimented the serpent's clothes (if it had any) and he's saying "oh shush, this ol' thing?"

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived