Boston Bruins Throwback Alternate

(Kebiv)

The other day, i decided the Boston Bruins (My favorite NHL team) had one of the best alternate uniforms in the league. But I wanted to make a throwback sweater for them. Based on the Bruins 1931 - 1932, here it is.

ifd82w.jpg

Based on the following uniform from 1931 - 1932.

Bruins04.png

I like the idea and I think the Bruins can pull off gold/brown for throwback purposes. However, I think this needs a bit toning down. Make the pants brown and cut down the sock striping (two "sections" of brown-white-brown will do). As well, tone down the arm stripes and add a bit of white in there.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

To many stripes! Cut down on the socks striping. Take off the stripe on the stomach area and shoulder. I like the sleave stripes though... something about them.

This just needs to be a more simplified version of the 31-32 edition. Its almost to similar.

BTW, for the love of god change the color of the pants. Good start though.

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

I really like the "modern interpretation"

I think the biggest problem with this jersey is that it doesn't fit the modern idea of what a jersey does. Back in the day, as long as the colors were different, anything could be worn, but this particular model doesn't easily fall into the "is it a white road jersey?" or "is it a dark home jersey?". I think you've fixed that, and now it's more of a white jersey, perfect if the B's go on the road for a Winter Classic.

As an announcer, I'd like to see sleeve numbers and a nameplate on the back, but that's not a big deal.

There is one, and only one, change that I'd really like to see on there though, and that's to increase the sock stripes again. Not quite to where it was, but with two sets of the brown-white-brown stripe on there instead of one, essentially just removing the top brown stripe from your original design.

The socks seem so plain in comparison to the rest of the look, it takes away from the otherwise very vintage feel. Worth a try.

Nice work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Hmmm, the busy-ness definitely helps. Idk why, but something about it just doesn't look quite right. It certainly works, but I wonder if someone else might have a suggestion on where to go on it. Perhaps just a brown-and-gold look like the sleeves? I don't know. Here's hoping someone else has a suggestion, because right now I'm coming up blank.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Apparently, one of you is Lindy Infante. Anyways, liked the first version, and I'll be real with you, you shoulda kept the hem striping the way it was, the simplified version looks a bit off. In any event, darken the brown somewhat and you'll be cooking with gas.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived