DePaul Dodgeball

Zigmister

Hey there, I've been around the site for 2-3 years, but i've never really gotten around to posting anything. Definitely a fan of all the great stuff i've seen around here, and i'd just thought I've give back as a way to say thanks.

Here is some of the stuff i've done for my dodgeball team in Chicago. DePaul Dodgeball was founded as a DePaul Club Sport in 2000, and is a founding Member Team of the National Collegiate Dodgeball Association (since 2005). Our League has about 24 member teams, mostly colleges around the midwest and a few on the east coast. I've done a few designs for other teams here and there, and some stuff for the League.

Offical Uniform:

We use basketball style, most other teams use the soccer top style, but we like to be different. We used it as of the 2010-11 season.

We based these off the old Adidas style for DePaul Basketball. We aren't allowed to use any of the current athletic department logos, but we can use any of the old retired styles and logos, like the Billy Blue Demon if we wanted.

We also used the logo for our 2010-11 club shirt design. The logo is an original custom designed wordmark, and we've had our custom sketched dodgedude since 2004-05 I believe.

jersey2012-template.pngjersey2012-logo.png

Alternate Uniform: some of the returning veterans that already had last year's jersey wanted an alternate jersey.

jersey2012-template-alternate.pngjersey2012-logo-alternate.png

Club Shirts:

Our 2012 club shirt design, black and blue on a gray shirt:

clubshirt2012-print.png

A special run ladies club shirt, white and blue on a black vneck:

clubshirt2012-ladies-print.png

Thanks for reading.

It's been a few years, but i know I got the templates from somewhere on here, and i'd like to say thanks for those.

This would be one of the only acceptable uses of the Demonized font, since it's exactly the font used by your athletic department.

Since it's a freeware font, would they really be able to deny you its use?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This would be one of the only acceptable uses of the Demonized font, since it's exactly the font used by your athletic department.

Since it's a freeware font, would they really be able to deny you its use?

The only "Club Sport" that's allowed to use that font for any of their apparel is the Dance Team. They have special approval from the Athletics Department.

One of my first concepts did use the demonized font. That was brought to our director, but they shot it down. We had to go with a more generic athletic block style.

I think it might be because for all of DePaul's NCAA athletics logos, they use the font in a wordmark. And it ends up being too similar? They tend to suck about things like that.

dpu-golf.png

I believe you'll be familiar with my alma mater...Saginaw Valley State University! 2012 NCDA National Champions! Go Cardinals!!

The logo looks great, but the significance of the Chicago flag seems minimized in the alternate logo. Could you keep the white and red in the flag? I think keeping the rest blue would look fine.

The blue on black alternates don't show up that well. Since these we're embroidered, I wanted them sewn with white thread to help them show up. The other officers vetoed that idea.

Anyway, I might post some templates for some of the other colleges in the league, could be good league website content.

You mean to tell me that, despite it not being a major sport, there is a college dodgeball association? That is awesome!

I would add some white trim to the alternate just to help the blue stand out a bit more.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived