RoughRiders99

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0_LogoSheet-1.png

1_Home.png

2_Road-1.png

3_Alt.png

Not much change to the Jupiter Kings here, with the exception for the road script. I changed it from serif to sans serif. And yes, I know it says Jovain, not Jovian. Just my error on the part, but it shouldn't change the overall image of the team.

This is the last of my "original" teams that was posted in the previous thread. All of the future teams will be complete new.

I gotta say, this series has grown on me. Kings are my favorite, and the JK monogram is clever.

I'm inspired to make a series of my own pertaining to sports in the distant Space Age, but with soccer instead of baseball. You wouldn't have a problem with this, would you?

I like the home set and the logo but the away jersey just doesn't do it for me. The font is bland and I would suggest using the old English type font that you used for the Kings scripts on the roads too. Also, I would have player names on the back of the roads.

@ BigRed618, I wouldn't have a problem with that myself, and I would love to discuss this potential project with you and maybe even make it happen in the same "universe" as mine (similar with what Raysox is doing with his yakball concepts: regular teams, college and world cup). Please PM me and we can talk more about that.

@ Philsphan, every time since you've mentioned the road jersey to me, I'm starting to see what you're talking about. I'll tweak it a little bit later tonight and hopefully it'll work. Thanks for the feedbacks.

Right now, I'm just creating a template for standings/scoreboard so I can record my simulation. Hopefully I will be able to post the results by tomorrow or even late late tonight.

The results for the first of the 22-week regular season here now!

wk1_scoreboard.png

wk1_standing.png

And here's a little season preview on how the season will turn out:

Terrain Division

1) Luna Apoolos

2) Earth Voyagers

3) Mars Legion

4) Venus Storm

5) Mercury Wings

Jupiter Division

1) Jupiter Kings

2) Ganymede Giants

3) Callisto Bears

4) Europa Avalanche

5) Io Volcanoes

Rings Division

1) Rhea Lions

2) Titania Spirits

3) Uranus Blues

4) Titan Lakers

5) Saturn Angels

Outer Division

1) Charon Guardians

2) Pluto Demons

3) Planet X

4) Neptune Mariners

5) Triton Retros

Maybe this preview could help you to know who to root for. Do you want the favorite to win it all? Or do you want a Cinderella Story?

Author's Note

In case if you were wondering on what kind of system I use, it's somewhat complicated, so I'll try to make the short version of it: Basically, I sim it by the series with four dices. I always roll for the "home" team. Depending on how good the team is compared to its opponent, the team will use a +/- bonus points system, so it would make it more likely for them to win or lose. Like for example: Team A is the best team and they play Team B, which is the worst team in the league, and Team B is the home team. I will roll for Team B, and add up the four dices to the total points, then SUBTRACT 3 or 4 points from that total, which would make them more likely to "lose" a series against the better team, Team A.

After every 2 or 3 weeks (haven't decided yet), I will do a power rankings and move around the teams. Like for an example, if Team A is the best team in the league, then it gets +4 points. If Team A lose 5 of 6 games, then they will "lose" their bonus point. If Team B becomes hot, then they will "earn" bonus points.

I will be using this system for most of the season until the last week or two, where the playoff races start to heat up, then I may simulate it by the game, instead by the series. I know I will definitely do it for the post season.

Love the history and progress of the whole Solar League and I know you tweaked the MLB logo for your league logo for the previous thread. So are you going to use the same one or create a new concept for this thread?

Love the history and progress of the whole Solar League and I know you tweaked the MLB logo for your league logo for the previous thread. So are you going to use the same one or create a new concept for this thread?

I probably will eventually, but as of now, it is not my concerns. I just want to focus on making the teams and running the simulation. Maybe after I've created all 20 teams (and MAYBE, just MAYBE expansion teams).

_LogoSheet.png

1_Home.png

2_Road.png

3_HomeAlt.png

4_RoadAlt.png

I know one or two of you guys said that when one set have one color and the other set have a different color (Venus Storm, before my update), isn't the best way to go. But I think it works in this case, since it's a two-toned color.

What do you guys think??

Archived