American Needle MLB Hats

hormone

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I can't wait for this thread to die for a few years before PhantomDreamer bumps it with another comment that no one cares about...just like he's done with 80 other threads.

Enough is enough.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Agreed.

But for my money, 47 Brand makes the best caps. Just don't see them competing for authentics.

I like '47 Brand a lot, but I wish they were sized differently. The Large is just a hair too tight for me and the XL is way too big.

The most recent caps they offer are the 1994 Brewers and Pirates.

The Pirates didn't start wearing their gray caps until 1997 (according to Dressed to the Nines), the hat is accurate but the date is not.

Anyways, I love my AN Milwaukee Braves hat, and I'm looking forward to adding more to my collection.

QPR%20Sig.png

Which Braves cap is that? I'm always looking for a good one.

The 1953-65 style (same style as the 1948-52 Brews if I'm not mistaken):

$(KGrHqZ,!nYFJ)Lb5jEtBSe7F0ToJQ~~60_35.J

They still haven't quite gotten the proportions of the "M" correct, but there's no New Era-style logo creep and the colors are a bit more muted than what the image above shows.

QPR%20Sig.png

Since I disposed of my Mariners low crown New Era 59Fifty, a decision I have no regrets about, the only MLB caps I currently own are American Needle 1977 and 1981 Mariners!

What is the difference?
The "1977" cap is the Mariners' first ever and the "1981" is the cap with the star trident logo, like my avatar. American Needle 900 series.

You're right - 1948-52 it was.

I like that one, although the "M" still bugs me. Navy should be darker, too.

Don't think there's been a proper Braves/Brewers cap since Mitchell & Ness stopped making Cooperstown Collection caps almost fifteen years ago.

That's a bad photo, the colors (especially the red) are quite a bit darker in person, and although the blue still isn't quite right, the lack of logo creep makes it the best one currently available in my opinion.

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived