2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

bills_skins_blkshoes.jpg

I would just like to congratulate the Redskins and Bills for looking like football teams. Great socks, great color matchup, love the yellow pants. Fantastic.

Agree ....... almost in every way ... except ..

The toilet-seat collars on both teams have got to go!!

They're that bad.!!!

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed....they are just god awful. I seriously don't understand who thought that would be a good idea.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Canzman .. do you receive 'inside info' on this, or are these mostly based on your own assumptions??

I ask because 2 of them were incorrect this past week. Not to say I don't enjoy your postings.

As I stated on the first post of this thread sometimes combos will be posted early based on asumption, but they will be updated/corrected as needed. anytime I post early it is an educated guess based on what the team has done in the past and not just a stab in the dark.

The two "incorrect" combos from last week were corrected when I had the time to do.

Just be a little patient is all I ask... I have an 11 month old son and don't have time to monitor the games and update everything in real time but they will get done. :grin:

If you still see issues by Tuesday afternoon after the games then please let me know.

No worries Canzman ... but if and when you do post that the Bills are gonna be wearing their blue pants with the white jerseys, I'll be one happy camper.

Appreciate the time you take to post all the uniform matchups....

No worries Canzman ... but if and when you do post that the Bills are gonna be wearing their blue pants with the white jerseys, I'll be one happy camper.

Appreciate the time you take to post all the uniform matchups....

To be honest I doubt I would post that early unless I saw info somewhere otherwise. If I post early it is based on historical info, and history is not in favor of the white with blue combo for the Bills.

To be honest I doubt I would post that early unless I saw info somewhere otherwise. If I post early it is based on historical info, and history is not in favor of the white with blue combo for the Bills.

Last season the blue pants were listed in the official NFL uniform guide for 2011 ... Lukas on ESPN-Uniwatch knows Bills fans clamor for them and stated last season that he wouldn't be surprised if they broke them out, which they never did.

This season he actually said that they would be wearing them, and Stevie Johnson also said the same thing. So, we're all hoping it's true and comes to pass.

They could be pulling an 'Eagles' with the all-white in preseason, and then break those blue away pants out once the regular season begins, perhaps the opener at the NYJ if they go green like last year against the Cowboys.

Last season the blue pants were listed in the official NFL uniform guide for 2011 ... Lukas on ESPN-Uniwatch knows Bills fans clamor for them and stated last season that he wouldn't be surprised if they surprised the fans and broke them out, which they didn't.

This season he actually said that they would be wearing them, and Stevie Johnson also said the same thing. So, we're all hoping it's true and comes to pass.

They could be pulling an 'Eagles' with the all-white in preseason, and then break those blue away pants out once the regular season begins, perhaps the opener at the NYJ if they go green like last year against the Cowboys.

I never said they wouldn't wear them... I just said I'm not going to try and guess when. So any early posting I do for the Bills will be with white pants unless I read something that tells me otherwise in advance. :grin:

I don't understand how white/blue wouldn't be a significant combination in the Bills set by year two. Isn't this the most recognizable combo for Bills fans, from the 70's set that this was mostly based on?

You're spot on.

The current look, based off the uniforms and logo worn from '74-'83, the Bills during that time-span never wore white jerseys with white pants, it was always blue away pants.

The Bills hadn't worn white on white on the road since the 1972 season, blue away pants debuted at NE in week 1 of the 1973 season which the Bills won 31-13 and OJ ran for 250 yds, the last season of the grazing Bison logo.

Last season was the first time Buffalo had ever worn the white on white with the charging Bison logo on the white helmets ...

It just didn't and doesn't look right, they've gotta bring back the blue away pants, the question is ... will they??

15-Dec-1974

Buffalo at Los Angeles Rams

LA 19 - BUF 14

4378123.jpg

Archived