Futurama meets Hockey: Planet Express Jersey

jncox9

I've become a pretty big fan of the Comedy Central animated series, Futurama. In the show the main focus is around their delivery company of the future. They have a great logo and I wanted to put it to the test on a hockey jersey. Here it is:

PlanetEx-JustinCox.jpg

I kept the logo used in the show but altered the colors. I chose to use green as a base color because it is so underused and this shade seemed to fit the futuristic theme quite well. I also created an alternate logo using Planet Expresses motto, "Our crew is replaceable...your package is not." I posted this on RinkGear's (they make great hockey jerseys, check 'em out!) Facebook wall and I got a pretty good reaction. Unfortunately Dave, from Dave's Geeky ideas who also did some Planet Express designs, informed me the Planet Express logo is copyrighted. But it's still a fun idea! If you've seen the show or not I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Awesome idea - so would the puck be attached to an elastic string, a-la Blernsball??

Some ideas for other teams: Omicrons, Nintenduans, Neutrals, Decapods, Brannigan's Men etc etc... the options are endless.

Don't forget the sewer mutants, though they'd have to be a travelling team because no one would want to play them in the sewers

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Huge fan of the show, ever since its inception, and I really love this! Good use of the logos, nice overall uniforms, and somehow I really like the way those seemingly clashing colors work together.

Nice stuff. I'll be looking forward to more (and it would be nice to see some white sweaters too).

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

There's:

- DOOP (Democratic Order of Planets)

- The Neutral Planet

- The Amazonians

- NIMBUS (Zapp's ship)

- the Sewer Mutants

- Omicron Persei 8

- Robot Hell

- MomCorp

- The Brain Spawn

- HypnoToad

- the "Earthican Flag"

.... seriously, there's PLENTY to work with.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

If all of that is done that would be amazing, I love futurama!

There's:

- DOOP (Democratic Order of Planets)

- The Neutral Planet

- The Amazonians

- NIMBUS (Zapp's ship)

- the Sewer Mutants

- Omicron Persei 8

- Robot Hell

- MomCorp

- The Brain Spawn

- HypnoToad

- the "Earthican Flag"

.... seriously, there's PLENTY to work with.

lalakers_sig.png

I love the jersey and every idea that's been thrown around on this thread, but one nitpicky thing... at closer look I'm not sure how I feel about the name on the back being the wheat color and the numbers being the dark green. but as I told you on facebook, I love this jersey. I'd buy it

Archived