Duke releases two new helmets to bring their total to three

The Blue helmet is a great looking helmet and it should fully replace the Colts knockoff they've been wearing.

The black helmet is a terrible idea and should never be anywhere near that program.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't care for Duke much, but I like the new helmets.

The black one would look better with some blue to offset it, but I still think it's cool.

Aw, don't hate on their pathetic football program just because of their amazeballs basketball program.

spacer.png

Blue and white look great.

Black should be thrown into a dumpster.

Agreed. Though I like the white helmets that they've been accustomed to the best, the blue is a nice addition. I especially love the grey facemask (hold the groans) on the White helmet. The blue should also sport the grey IMO as well. My only complaint (other than the horrible black one) is the stripe on the Blue helmet looks a bit too wide, but that's probably just a contrast thing...

In this case I think Nike should have ditched the black (although it is part of Duke's color palette) and gone with a really dark grey (Anthracite) with a black decal. That would have looked a million times better than the gloss/flat combo.

Blue and white look great.

Black should be thrown into a dumpster.

Agreed. Though I like the white helmets that they've been accustomed to the best, the blue is a nice addition. I especially love the grey facemask (hold the groans) on the White helmet. The blue should also sport the grey IMO as well. My only complaint (other than the horrible black one) is the stripe on the Blue helmet looks a bit too wide, but that's probably just a contrast thing...

In this case I think Nike should have ditched the black (although it is part of Duke's color palette) and gone with a really dark grey (Anthracite) with a black decal. That would have looked a million times better than the gloss/flat combo.

The stripe on the blue helmet is probably the same wide, Tennessee-style stripe that the white helmet has. I think that the black helmet is supposed to mimic the first matte black lacross helmet that was used in 2011 (except that black D had a blue outline). If they wear it with the black uniforms, it's going to look terrible...Duke's uniforms are two or three material generations behind...glossiest uniforms on the planet.

Archived