NBA Recolorization (Pacific Division Complete)

Saint Zephyr III

The inspiration for this project is essentially what if you could redo the color scheme of various professional teams as if you were starting out for the first time. Would any team that started off with red, white, and blue have stuck with it? Would the titles actually be more in sync with the names of the teams or of their natural region?

The only thing changing is the color scheme; the uniform designs won't change but merely be interpretative. Some color schemes won't change much at all while others, even legendary teams, are in for a radical change. Here's the first set from the Pacific Division.

Warriros_Recolor.jpg

Golden State Warriors

This is more so if they end up truly adopting the San Francisco Warriors moniker; I reversed the gold and replaced their blue with an orange-red much like the landmark now on their jersey. I just LOVE LOVE how this turned out even if it's not historically friendly.

Clippers_Recolor.jpg

Los Angeles Clippers

This is a more nautical approach to their identity, with a deeper blue and a sand-gold replacing the red.

Lakers_Recolor.jpg

Los Angeles Lakers

This one is practically blasphemous; however, if you think about it if you called your name the Lakers without any prior knowledge of the purple-gold combo, these colors would've been a natural choice. This also brings a bit of synergy with the other local franchises like the Dodgers.

Kings_Recolor.jpg

Sacramento Kings

Taking the mantle of purple-gold in this reality, I added yellow to their uniform; sadly, the color scheme doesn't have much charm in their current design.

I'm still toying around with the Phoenix Suns (the Suns without purple, even though purple has nothing to do with a sun, it rather jarring). Should I continue through the rest of the league or is that a been there, done that kind of idea??

GR30a5H.png

These look pretty good, definitely significantly better than most recoloring threads around here, because it's clear that some thought was put into it. Definitely continue, would love to see what you come up with. Just a couple suggestions. Sacramento and the Lakers look perfect. Golden State also looks great, only thing I would do is use orange numbers on the white jersey for better contrast. For the Clippers, the blue jersey should be the primary and only road jersey, and the yellow should be used as an alternate home jersey rather than a road jersey, because if they played a road game against the current Lakers, you couldn't do yellow vs. yellow. Overall here, great job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

These look pretty good, definitely significantly better than most recoloring threads around here, because it's clear that some thought was put into it.

Quoted for truth.

You don't have to take my advice, but I always thought the Bucks would look good in kelly (Celtics) green with brown trim. Its forest-y and I think it'd fit with the general theme you have going here.

Thanks guys, I'll keep them coming with, in particular finishing up the Pacific Division with the Suns.

Suns_Recolor.jpg

Phoenix Suns

Thanks Whittier for the black suggestion; once I realized that it actually referenced the blackness of space, it all made sense to me. Also by taking away the gray allows the orange and yellow to pop out even more; those PHX uniforms would probably break the cameras with how bright they are.

GR30a5H.png

This really looks good, as black and orange is an underused color scheme that works. The elimination of gray is my favorite part of the set, definitely makes the jerseys more vibrant, as they should be for a team called the Suns. Nice job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

You should make the Bulls use brown and black tones. There are a lack of teams using good brown/black combos.

Outside of Chicago basketball and energy drinks, I've never seen a red bull in real life.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Thanks guys, I'll keep them coming with, in particular finishing up the Pacific Division with the Suns.

Suns_Recolor.jpg

Phoenix Suns

Thanks Whittier for the black suggestion; once I realized that it actually referenced the blackness of space, it all made sense to me. Also by taking away the gray allows the orange and yellow to pop out even more; those PHX uniforms would probably break the cameras with how bright they are.

I think the the black & orange jersey would look better reversed with yellow piping

Archived