When Sports Aesthetic Criticism Goes Bad

Viper

Wis, I think you're dead on and by far have had the best post in this thread. You were able to give your opinion without any hostility and you have my respect. The thing is, I don't think being fair to everyone or respecting other people should be labeled as "PC", it should be accepted by both the "left" and "right."

As far as guest's opinion, I'm not really sure where you get your generalization but I know there's plenty of southerners on this board who are the complete opposite of how you describe the south. This isn't the 1960's anymore and believe it or not, times have changed. Of course there's still some idiots, but there's some nut jobs north of Dixie too. I hope one day your opinion changes.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wis, I think you're dead on and by far have had the best post in this thread. You were able to give your opinion without any hostility and you have my respect. The thing is, I don't think being fair to everyone or respecting other people should be labeled as "PC", it should be accepted by both the "left" and "right."

As far as guest's opinion, I'm not really sure where you get your generalization but I know there's plenty of southerners on this board who are the complete opposite of how you describe the south. This isn't the 1960's anymore and believe it or not, times have changed. Of course there's still some idiots, but there's some nut jobs north of Dixie too. I hope one day your opinion changes.

you know I wasn't going post again to this thread but your post was very well thought so I wanted to commend you on it. bottom line I was trying to make a point and wanted to take an extreme position to show how easily it is to make childish and petty humor based on broad generalizations. for the record I'm in agreement, there are people among every culture and walk of life that are decent, reasonable, and friendly. bottom line is that every individual is deserving respect and to single out any sort of minority group for the sake of humor is not acceptable and should never be met with indifference. this never had anything to do with political correctness it had everything to do with respecting others which they did not.

Archived