Kansas City Royals concept revisited

IronChefShark

I think the numbers of the older powder blues would have been more legible had they been outlined by the darker blue used in the trim. I could read the numbers ok in white alone as they were, but they would have popped out more if they were outlined in blue.

I do have a comment about your shoulder logo, Shark. Why the empty white banner? I know it serves a purpose in the main logo, because it reads "Kansas City". But aside from being consistent with the main logo, why is it in the secondary as well?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

what always bothered me about those old powder blues they used to wear was the fact they wore plain white numbers without trim on those. To me it looks illegible unless you were watching an in close shot on TV. Thats why I went with blue numbers outlined in white. I think they look better anyways, let alone being easier to read

Yeah, I remember that, those were bad. They'd be slightly better with a dark outline, but not a whole lot, Neither combination is a particularly good one, which sucks because the Royals look so natural in the baby blues.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's rare that somebody does a powder blue concept for baseball that I actually like, but this illustrates a lot of things that the Royals did wrong with their previous powder blues from the 1970's-1980's. I especially like the way the wordmark/numbers stand out against the powder blue background (blue with white trim works a helluva lot better against powder blue than white does). I also like the fact that you did it slightly darker than what was used back in the day. You did your thing, great job...

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived