Kansas City Royals concept revisited

IronChefShark

this is my third version of this Royals concept Ive made.

I reworked the logos so the crown doesnt look as smashed as it once did

I also eliminated all drop shadows. so therefore the color scheme I am proposing here is simply royal blue and light blue. (the gold only appears on the crown and only the crown as it should. I dont understand why so many want the royals to incorporate gold more...they dont need to)

also, there is a powder blue road uni. the royals IMO are the only team that could pull this off today if they were to do it. I know of at least one person here who wont like it.

royals2.gif

heres the primary logo

royalsPrimary.gif

and please, dont suggest. this is my final product, no changes are gonna be made :)

I really like those, and the new logos are great. I'm a big fan oftheir current logo, but these are new and still retain a lot of the old character. Tremendous job, I also don't mind the powder blue for the Royals at all. These would be a tremendous change for the Royals - a really unique identity not used in MLB.

Great job.

Powder Blue :evil::evil::evil:

Now you know I generally feel the same way as you about the powder blue, but the Royals are one of those teams that can pull it off in style. The worst thing about it, though, is the debate of white numbers vs dark numbers. The dark numbers/name look odd on the power blue, but the white probably wouldn't look any better.

This is a nice modernization of their current look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think I remember seeing that posted once before and I love that concept... ESPECIALLY the powder blue. I've gotten so sick of gray it' ridiculous. When the Padres unveiled their new unis, I was somehow able to completely look over the weirdness of their khaki road unis simply JUST because they weren't gray. Enough of my rambling though... that concept is awesome man.

I won't enter into the whole powder blue fray...

But, I would like to see the pant trim matched to the sleeve trim (or vice versa).

A tiny qualm on an otherwise interesting concept.

IronChef,

These are great!!! :notworthy:

Being a Royals fan I am very impressed, but that's the quality of work you usually do. Did you design the primary logo? Wonderful job!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Same to you, man...

strongbad.gif

Double Deuce.

Oh man, Shark got Double Deuced. The worst of all Strong Badian insults...except maybe for being called a Crap-for-Crap.

This concept is great. I love that you don't bow down to the pressure of making all road uniforms grey. Nice work, ICS.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

This concept is great. I love that you don't bow down to the pressure of making all road uniforms grey. Nice work, ICS.

personally I dont have a problem with gray road unis. all Im doing is trying to mix things up to see how they would work

obviously everyone knows the royals blues do, some could (like the A's in mint green and the brewers in light gold) and others well....you remember the Reds road uni I did?

I gotta say ICF, I'm a big fan of these. Great work...

I'm a big fan of the Crowned-J on the cap... great stuff as usual!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

The worst thing about it, though, is the debate of white numbers vs dark numbers. The dark numbers/name look odd on the power blue, but the white probably wouldn't look any better.

what always bothered me about those old powder blues they used to wear was the fact they wore plain white numbers without trim on those. To me it looks illegible unless you were watching an in close shot on TV. Thats why I went with blue numbers outlined in white. I think they look better anyways, let alone being easier to read

Archived