NFL 100th Anniversary - Finished

hockey week

Yeah, no.

While I'm sure that the NFL and Nike will have some throwback unis for the 100th anniversary of the NFL, there is no way they are going to try and connect current NFL teams like the Bengals with some bull :censored: team that had absolutely no association with the NFL ever. At best the Bengals will just bring back the original unis they wore back in 94-95, the ones with BENGALS on the helmets.

There are zero connections between the Duluth Eskimos and the Minnesota Vikings, so forget about that one as well.

Excuse me, but Max Winter played a role with the Eskimos, which gave him part ownership of a new NFL team in Minnesota, the Vikings. And I gues the fact they played in the same state means nothing. Check your facts, mister

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the discussion about the Colts playing as the Boston Yanks, even though they don't consider any of the history before 1953 to be theirs, it got me to thinking how unusual it would be to see KC as their Texans playing Indy as their Texans! Strange to say the least!

• 11 months later...

How about both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh as the Steagles?

They can just wear the same set - Home versus Away.

I think that would be a really unique way to have two teams pay homage to their shared history and I can't recall a single sporting event EVER where the two teams wore the same uniforms.

Didn't they simply use one teams uniforms for the home jerseys and the other for the aways? If they did that they'd have to lighten Phila's unis slightly to make the Steelers stand out more. But I like the idea. Yes I know this thread is over a year old but it was brought up in another discussion today.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

How about both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh as the Steagles?

They can just wear the same set - Home versus Away.

I think that would be a really unique way to have two teams pay homage to their shared history and I can't recall a single sporting event EVER where the two teams wore the same uniforms.

Didn't they simply use one teams uniforms for the home jerseys and the other for the aways? If they did that they'd have to lighten Phila's unis slightly to make the Steelers stand out more. But I like the idea. Yes I know this thread is over a year old but it was brought up in another discussion today.

From the research I've done, they wore Eagles green jerseys with Steelers gold helmets, and that's it. There weren't enough teams to necessitate home and away jerseys for everybody, so they didn't bother, and with wartime shortages, I'm not surprised.

Like I've said, if anyone can find a road uniform for them, I'd go back and include that, because it'd be great to see.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

It was not max winter who owned part or all of the eskimos it was ole haugsrud, who in 1961 got 10 % of the Vikings. I am not sure using the name "eskimos" would go over so well in Minnesota these days. Since the Vikings play in mpls it would make more sense to throwback to the marines or red jackets

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Archived