Random NHL Edge Tweaks

Lights Out

BgMack's thread inspired me to do some NHL tweaks of my own. As much as I loathe the Edge templates, I decided to work within them to give myself a bit of a challenge. I'm only doing the color sweaters as the whites would just be color swaps anyway.

Phoenix Coyotes:

2Mens.png

St. Louis Blues:

vQrpy.png

Toronto Maple Leafs:

NwSoj.png

(NOB and number font from NHLUniforms.com)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Phoenix: Lose the piping, and move the coyote up a little bit:

Saint Louis: That's what I tried to accomplish back in March, except with red. You did it a lot better than I did. I love it.

Toronto: I think it's a majorly unpopular opinion around here, but I LOVE that font, and wish they still used it.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Coyotes one just doesn't work. The object should be to move away from the Bettman Apron, not incorporate it.

The Blues one is only slightly more passable since you at least attempted to give it a local flavor, but it's still a variation on the Bettman Apron and it doesn't work either.

Both of them would be better if you just took the pattern and made it a hem stripe.

As for the Leafs, I agree with Xodius. That NOB font should be left in the past. The Leafs look infinitely better with a standard block font. They're an Original Six team. They don't need anything more than a simple block font.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Once again, the Bettman Apron does not look good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not too sound overly critical but the Wild are the only jerseys that I could call an improvement so far. The Blues one would make a great alternate but I would not want to use that used as their full time Home jersey. The leafs look fine I suppose but the Coyotes and Flames are needlessly ruined by the Bettman apron stripes.

The Flames one would look much better without the piping--actually all hockey & football unis would look better without piping, although piping does work on some baseball & basketball unis.

The striping on the Flames uni is better than what they have now, but not as good as their original design or the design they had before the Edge unis.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived