Pittsburgh Steelers

zachintosh66

First of all I wish our Defense wouldn't suck so bad this year...

A Modern but Simple, yet Logical Steeler redesign...

Helmet Changes - HGI (dark diamond plate) Wrap, Increased the size of the stripe to be similar to the pants stripe

Jersey Changes - No more sleeve stripes, no more horrible throwbacks... went with a alternative color instead. Stayed with the current number font. The block numbers are too old school, IMO

Pants Changes - Modern Pants keeping the same "current idea". Added Black pants which could be worn with the Alts or the Away Unis

PittRedo_zpsfdfac47b.png

champs.png

On the white jersey you could make the sleeve cuff black and add black piping on the seam over the yellow "sleeve".

You could also make the collar black, which might balance it out against the number a little bit. This would not be required however.

On the gold jersey, I'd also go with a black cuff. It'd keep all three consistent (if you went with my idea for the white jersey.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks for the input everyone... I actually thought about using the steel in the inlays and also coloring on the collar and cuffs... although i cant really stand the partial colored collars like this picture below (gold around the neck)

2feaa199191a6c604b6d64edd152effb.jpg

also i just noticed i forgot the TV # on top of the shoulders... imagine those there, lol

champs.png

Here is some of the changes we talked about: remembered the TV #'s, Added the Diamond plate to the pants and Jersey #. Colored the cuffs (but not the collar). Couldnt decide if I should do the Diamond plate like that, on the sleeve color or possibly on the shoulder (kinda like old school oregon). Thoughts?

awaypitt22.png

champs.png

Now you're going too far from the traditional. There's a reason why the Steelers have only changed the numbers since the 1960s, and what is the biggest complaint about the Steelers jerseys? exactly.

The black is fine, we accept black. I could see the helmet being a flat black, but you really can't illustrate that. Did you have the helmet with the steel look before? I guess it didn't show up well enough on my ipad to notice it. Not a fan of it there.

The only place that is too blank are the sleeves. The blank yellow is jarring after seeing northwestern stripes for 40 years. Try putting the steel look on the sleeves in simple black, no need to add gray/silver in there, and I think you'll have a winner.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived