1989 World Series logo

jgladding

Looks like you have an old logo from the 1989 World Series. Since the Bay Area is in a fervor over a possible Bay Bridge World Series II, it's on everyone's minds in NorCal. Anyway, the 89 WS logo you have in there is a "stock" logo that was the default but it was changed when the 2 teams made it in (like the Subway Series).

world_series_logo_1989.png

timmy.png

Strange... that used to be on my site -- I have a few volunteers who help out, I think one of them made a mistake... didn't the actual logo have a little A's cap logo and GIANTS arched jersey script on either side of the bridge in those empty banners?

Edit -- Here's what I was talking about...

6897863749_0a86dd1681.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

When the 1989 World Series resumed after the earthquake, the bridge logo was no longer used (at least by ABC, which was televising the series). The reason I have heard is that part of the Bay Bridge collapsed, and they did not want that reminder during the re-kindled series. They reverted to the generic logo used before the Giants and A's clinched.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I too have a shirt with the Bay Bridge logo, but it also has a full design element of the team logos, the stadiums, the bridge, and skyline. It's awesome. My Mom gave it to me because she got it back in '89, a year before I was born.

Go figure, I was born in '91 and have a similar story.

However, my shirt is an illustration of some generic A's players celebrating and the words "World Champions", so it was used after the series. I wish I had it with me to scan and put on the site.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Wonder if they will do the same sort of thing if there's an Orioles/Nats series? Battle of the Beltway?

I think there was a Beltway Series logo in 2006, when the Nats and Orioles met for the first time (granted it was regular season and not World Series).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived