Destructure a 59fifty?

Anubis2051

Buy low crown!

the low crowns also require some breaking in as well.

I probably should of took some before pictures, but here is my hat after about a month of wear + hairdryer/running through hot water technique:

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Looks good, but hard to really tell without seeing it on a head. Does it fit ok? Is there "extra" material on the back or sides that still needs to shrink?

Alright, I have a question... I bought a 7 1/4" 5950 two years back, and long-story short, it broke in nicely (the shower trick helped) and the only issue is that it is a little too tight on my head now. It used to fit great, but now I'm thinking it has shrunk over the course of the process; or maybe my head has grown... So I went out and bought a 7 3/8 this time. I haven't bent it yet and it fits pretty well (maybe a little extra room behind the ears), but my fear is that once I bend it, the crown will expand and it will get too big. So I guess my questions are: do 5950s have a track record of shrinking when using heat (like the old wool ones used to?) or is there a way to "unshrink" my old one?

Alright, I have a question... I bought a 7 1/4" 5950 two years back, and long-story short, it broke in nicely (the shower trick helped) and the only issue is that it is a little too tight on my head now. It used to fit great, but now I'm thinking it has shrunk over the course of the process; or maybe my head has grown... So I went out and bought a 7 3/8 this time. I haven't bent it yet and it fits pretty well (maybe a little extra room behind the ears), but my fear is that once I bend it, the crown will expand and it will get too big. So I guess my questions are: do 5950s have a track record of shrinking when using heat (like the old wool ones used to?) or is there a way to "unshrink" my old one?

To get some extra room in a cap, you can cut the foam out from inside the headband. Makes the back of the cap a little flimsy but if you're careful, it won't look any different and should fit better

Archived