Samsung to rebrand at 2013 CES in January

keynote

http://www.channelnews.com.au/News/Business_News/J5F7E9J3

The man spearheading the new Samsung brand identity program is Scott Bedbury who worked closely in the development of several Nike brand projects.

He has also worked for Starbucks and is currently a freelance brand consultant, a member of the Board of Directors for Jones Soda, and CEO of Brandstream.

The current blue Samsung logo will disappear, with all new product marketing linked via their own individual colours that are part of an overall brand family.

"Even the advertising will change with products linked to lifestyle activities similar to what Nike does" said one source.

In recent week senior Samsung staff have been stopped from getting new business cards printed "We have been told to wait till January" said a Samsung source.

Still love my S3 and given how many people I know that have switched over, this whole law suit is hilarious. Someone needs to post that picture thing of all of the things Apple stole over the years to make their Iphone.

SJ was all about stealing and then changed his attitude when someone stole from him, dude was such a well...I don't want to get banned so I won't say it and speak ill of the dead. But when you develop a technology, you share it, not whine and cry when the people you paid to make something from you, use the idea which A LOT of other people used as well. Well before.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

SJ was all about stealing and then changed his attitude when someone stole from him, dude was such a well...I don't want to get banned so I won't say it and speak ill of the dead. But when you develop a technology, you share it, not whine and cry when the people you paid to make something from you, use the idea which A LOT of other people used as well. Well before.

That's a thorough misunderstanding of the two situations.

Apple, for example, built an extremely power computer tower that closely resembled a radio by Braun (from nearly four decades prior).

Samsung built a phone that very closely resembled and acted like a phone by Apple (from less than 4 years prior).

One is a cap tip and homage.

The other is patent and trademark infringement.

Still love my S3 and given how many people I know that have switched over, this whole law suit is hilarious. Someone needs to post that picture thing of all of the things Apple stole over the years to make their Iphone.

http://www.slashgear...crite-25240191/

The "Next big thing" campaign by Samsung is spot on. It sums up exactly the way the rivalry is, and the sad part is Apple in reality uses more hardware and technology from Samsung. Not really smart to sue the company that builds most of your phone. I switched to a Samsung this past year and love it.

Archived