NY Mets concept

xnylived

the whole set looks a little too washed out...like the Knicks need orange and blue, so do the Mets.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Monochromatic would be many different hues of the same color.

If it's a different hue, it's a different color. Perhaps you mean different tints or shades.

The Yankees are monochromatic. Navy blue and white. Period. Road grays aren't really considered another color, but the Padres sand would be, and it's also part of their color scheme. Silver is another color, in the case of the White Sox.

By the same token, the Phillies are also almost monochromatic (except for the blue stars dotting the I's)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Personal note to RyanB06, ICS and Moser316:  Please edit out the offensive insult on your quotes, if you please.

Thanks.

Why? We're not the ones who said it, and we were offended by the person who did. I don't see the point in removing it from our quotes...

I think the point is the original post was edited and the offensive content was removed. Your posts keep that offensive content alive. I would assume that if you don't remove it then a mod will...

I think the point is the original post was edited and the offensive content was removed. Your posts keep that offensive content alive. I would assume that if you don't remove it then a mod will...

If this conversation doesn't get back on track in a hurry, it will be locked.

It's a shame you've taken a conversation that was centred around a pretty darn good Mets concept, and turned it into a dispute. I agree that what was originally said was wrong, completely uncalled-for and unnecessary, and it's appropriate to point out that the comment was inappropriate.

However we don't need dozens of vigilante's exacting their own brand of justice. Contrary to popular belief, the mods and administrators do read the boards, and are around a fair bit. Only the administrators can warn people, but Tank and I have a few teeth of our own, and so once somebody points out an inappropriate post, move on. Don't jump into the fray. Report the post if necessary and get pack on point, pronto. The offence will be dealt with in due time.

Thank you.

...and xnylived, although the blue on blue alternate doesn't do much for me, this is a well done concept. Nice clean artwork. Great way to introduce yourself to the boards, and sorry that your concept got hijacked thanks to a certain person's insensitivity.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

...and xnylived, although the blue on blue alternate doesn't do much for me, this is a well done concept. Nice clean artwork. Great way to introduce yourself to the boards, and sorry that your concept got hijacked thanks to a certain person's insensitivity.

Thanks for the kind words :D

I didn't mind that the thread got "hijacked" I just scanned through for what people said about my idea once the focus shifted. Besides these are public forums so why should I care ;) I tried the concept with the orange but I'll be damned if I am not feeling the orange... it just looks like new uni's when what I kinda wanna accomplish is a full team update. I'd like to stick with the hues of blue that I have currently but I am struggling to come up with a sufficient complimentary color. Any suggestions anyone has would be great as I strive on to perfect this. ;)

btw here's a Home with the orange:

metsuni4.jpg

That is a cool looking jersey. The orange makes a lot of difference now. Unfortunately, it makes the blue sleeve panels very out of place. It brings unnecessary attention to the sleeves instead of the front of the jersey. And I would use slightly less bold numbers, or make them a little taller to balance out with the script.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"It's a shame you've taken a conversation that was centred around a pretty darn good Mets concept, and turned it into a dispute. I agree that what was originally said was wrong, completely uncalled-for and unnecessary, and it's appropriate to point out that the comment was inappropriate."

Amen, triple T.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled discussion already in progress.

x, it really does need some sort of orange in that shirt.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

One of the original reasons orange was used by the mets was to comemorate the NY Giants. If I recall correctly, the Mets use Dodger Blue and Giant orange.... Someone may be able to confirm or deny this......

Great concept, BTW, I personally like the notches. Without it, you run the risk of having a basic white jersey, which is pretty close to what they have now.

Keep up the good work!

here's my latest tweak. I didn't remove the drop shadow from the word mark because i think it'd make it look flatter, more 2-D and just merge right in with the piping. My two main tweaks are finding a better number font and then changing the shape of the 'flair' on the sleeves. I cut them down in angle so it's not so prominent. I also made the solid orange NY logo the primary logo on the sleeves. This way they can do two patches on the sleeves above that if need be.

mets4.jpg

This is different, but it might work. Reminds me of those seemingly cut-off jerseys you see some of the players from back in the day wearing... the ones that showed off their muscles. Surprised that the ultra-ripped players of today don't do that.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

One of the original reasons orange was used by the mets was to comemorate the NY Giants.  If I recall correctly, the Mets use Dodger Blue and Giant orange....  Someone may be able to confirm or deny this......

I can confirm it. Although they don't use the same Pantones nowadays (Dodger Blue is much darker than the royal blue the Mets sport), the Mets adopted their colors as a tip of the cap to the previous New York NL clubs. The cap itself is an amalgam of the two: blue cap + orange NY logo and button = Mets cap.

Of course, it didn't hurt that blue and orange were the official colors of the World's Fair, held in Queens from April 64 to October 1965.

Of course, it also didn't hurt that blue and orange are the official colors of the City of New York.

us-nyc.gif

Archived