Niketown USA in NYC - Disappointing

BlueSky

Retail 101: Stock a fill size run of every team in every design for the 3 people from Cleveland that might come through the Portland Store can maybe buy something...perhaps.

On a practical level, I don't disagree. But those jerseys have value as unsold inventory that weigh on the company's books if it doesn't move. Why sit on it in Portland when it would sell better somewhere closer to Cleveland? If a Cleveland fan is going to spend $100 on a jersey, it's not likely they'll make that decision while on a visit to Portland.

I understand it's not an NFL-only store, and obviously it can all be ordered online. But where is a fan supposed to go to see, touch and try on the gear? The local sporting goods stores stock Falcons gear and that's it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yea I knew about the Charcoal stripe for the eagles...but didn't know about the rams horns...I guess it's because they play at least 9 of their games in a dome it just went unnoticed.

Midnight teal Green is such an awful color. And charcoal doesn't help it in the slightest. Hopefully we get a whole new look since we are terrible this year and starting a new era in 2013.

It's pretty subtle even in shots where you'd expect to see it.

6740954.jpg

Ugh...I hate how thin the horns have become since Spagnuolo fired the Rams' longtime equipment manager.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I understand it's not an NFL-only store, and obviously it can all be ordered online. But where is a fan supposed to go to see, touch and try on the gear? The local sporting goods stores stock Falcons gear and that's it.

They could have even done what Reebok did with the outlets and made NFL shirts you can only get by going to the Reebok outlets.

For all the money they spent, they dropped the ball.

Yea I knew about the Charcoal stripe for the eagles...but didn't know about the rams horns...I guess it's because they play at least 9 of their games in a dome it just went unnoticed.

Midnight teal Green is such an awful color. And charcoal doesn't help it in the slightest. Hopefully we get a whole new look since we are terrible this year and starting a new era in 2013.

6740954.jpg

Ugh...I hate how thin the horns have become since Spagnuolo fired the Rams' longtime equipment manager.

Wait... is the new guy cutting they decals down, or something?

Try on the Falcons gear at the local store and buy the equivalent item for your team online?

Try on the Falcons gear at the local store and buy the equivalent item for your team online?

I tried that once...wearing Falcons gear burned my skin. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

6740954.jpg

Wait... is the new guy cutting they decals down, or something?

I'm not sure exactly, but they have definitely become thinner since he took over. I can't imagine applying a curved sticker to a curved helmet is the easiest thing in the world.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Archived