Alexlit

Great logos but i agree the green is needed. However I disagree with the above post in regards to the secondary being stronger, simply for the fact that the Sharks use a similar concept in there secondary logo where as the primary you have is very unique.

untitled-6.jpg

Alex, these are strong designs. I agree with the guys. That green is so iconic from the "Great Whale" days in Hartford. I still remember them dawning the Cooperall pants. I think they were called Cooperall. Mike Liut in net, Dave Tippett, Stuart Gavin, those were great days. Both logos are real cool. The second logo has a Boston Breakers USFL feel that I was always a fan of. Great job Alex.

I really like the primary a lot and disagree with another post that the angle/curve should be changed. For logos like this, being realistic and having the whale in a natural curve is not necessary to pull off a great logo.

It works.

The problem I have is this seems like a minor league version of the Vancouver Canucks. There is only one other team in all of hockey that uses a whale and they have it in the shape of a "C". Also the white highlight of the eye it makes it seem like an orca, which only compounds the problem.

I'd agree with everyone so far...Kelly green almost feels like a necessity with this organization and without anyone in any of the major leagues (NHL, AHL, CHL, ECHL) using it as a primary color, it gives the team a chance to stick out. Plus I think that color would fit perfectly into the charcoal blue, white, and blue you already have.

Archived