Rhode Island Reds FC

JamieRose

Well I was browsing around Sportslogos.net as I do from time to time and came to the NPSL. I saw that there was a team in Rhode Island and got all excited until I saw what they had for a logo. Knowing that there is a soccer team wearing a crest like this in my backyard made me sad, angry, and then motivated. I then decided to try and improve on the concept and make it, well, better.

Here is the current crest because you likely haven't seen it.

205_rhode_island-reds_fc-primary-2012.gif

So with that in mind here is my concept. I wanted to simplify it by reducing the colors by 2 or 30. Its essentially self explanatory.

RIRedsFC.png

So let me know what you all think. I'd really like to improve upon this and make it a look that will last and be less horrible.

TDZiMMB.png

I'd really like to improve upon this and make it a look that will last and be less horrible.

Well, pretty much anything would be "less horrible" than what they have. But you've got a solid concept here. The only criticism I have is that the bottom part looks kind of empty with just the rooster. There are big spaces there are begging to be filled. As the poster above me said, maybe a star could fill those, or some other state-specific symbol or icon.

Definitely prefer the version with the yellow, BTW.

maybe put the bird ontop of a "football"

For some reason, I think there might be a lawsuit stemming from that.

304px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS andΒ Go Sox

How could there be a lawsuit?

I think it's a great idea to include a soccer ball.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Β 

You should consider submitting this to the team when you're done. Unlike most other logos that get posted here... given that this is an amateur organization that probably can't afford a professionally designed logo... they might actually use this. Even if they can't pay you, you'd probably be able to get some merch out of it.

Also, I like the "unbalanced" black stroke. It gives it the illusion of a 3D appearance without being overly tacky (think Toronto FC).

I thought more of the french national team in regards to the rooster, and less of the spurs, more like the soccer ball from the Man U logo (on the edges where the two banners connect).

Β 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

But having a rooster on a football in a context other than Spurs might raise some eyebrows, seeing as the THFC badge is so iconic.

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS andΒ Go Sox

When I first saw the logo I immediately thought of Tottenham but now scrolling back and forth, I think you are fine with the logo. They are different. One of the reasons is that Tottenham is such an iconic logo in sports that our mind immediately reverts back to them but you are using different fonts and colors. I agree with Black Bolt 3 and maybe add a star on each side to see how that would look. I personally prefer the red and white.

Illwauk is correct, pitch the team on your logo. If they use it, good for you. Just make sure you have proper documentation that you designed this logo so if they decide to do something extremely similar, you can prove that you had the concept and logo first.

Solid job overall! I think of soccer when I see that shield.

When I first saw the logo I immediately thought of Tottenham but now scrolling back and forth, I think you are fine with the logo. They are different. One of the reasons is that Tottenham is such an iconic logo in sports that our mind immediately reverts back to them but you are using different fonts and colors. I agree with Black Bolt 3 and maybe add a star on each side to see how that would look. I personally prefer the red and white.

The rooster itself is great, but if he has it stand on a ball, that might lead him into some murky territory as far as IP goes, if he were to submit this and the team chose to use it.

koizim said:

COYS andΒ Go Sox

I don't think adding a ball is necessary. Surely the "FC" on the crest is enough to identify that it is for a FOOTBALL CLUB and so it doesn't need another form for identification. The fact it is styled like a typical football crest with the shield shape and banner helps too.

I would still even up the stroke a little around the top of the shield. I know the 3D effect which is being mentioned, I just think it is a little too much as it stands.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

But having a rooster on a football in a context other than Spurs might raise some eyebrows, seeing as the THFC badge is so iconic.

Plenty of logos with birds and other animals standing, sitting, laying or carrying footballs the world over.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Β 

Archived