Buffalo Bandits uniform redesign

Viper

The National Lacrosse League is gearing up for its 2013 season, and one of its oldest franchises, the Buffalo Bandits, just rolled out a long-overdue redesign of their jerseys.

Pros: I like the new number font (they used to have generic block letters/numbers), and that that they've minimized the use of purple in their color scheme, which just doesn't go well with their main colors of black and orange.

Cons: Piping on the shoulders, the sleeves and down the sides. And what were they thinking with the zebra stripes? I guess with no NHL this winter, Reebok finally decided to start Edge-ifying the NLL instead. :rolleyes:

A-Kt9jJCUAAgoVd.jpg

CCSLC signature.png

Is it normal for lacrosse teams to have team names below their arm numbers? It looks out of place.

No, usually any secondary patches are on the shoulders as with hockey unis, at least in the NLL.

CCSLC signature.png

IMO the black is a slight upgrade of the previous version and the white is a big downgrade. But the previous black/away uniform was, to me, the worst uniform in sports history.

The National Lacrosse League is gearing up for its 2013 season, and one of its oldest franchises, the Buffalo Bandits, just rolled out a long-overdue redesign of their jerseys.

Pros: I like the new number font (they used to have generic block letters/numbers), and that that they've minimized the use of purple in their color scheme, which just doesn't go well with their main colors of black and orange.

Cons: Piping on the shoulders, the sleeves and down the sides. And what were they thinking with the zebra stripes? I guess with no NHL this winter, Reebok finally decided to start Edge-ifying the NLL instead. :rolleyes:

A-Kt9jJCUAAgoVd.jpg

About your pros, I think the purplish-blue is more plentiful, especially in the black jerseys. The previous black jerseys only had the blue in the logos. About your cons, Reebok actually Edgeified the NLL jerseys last year, with Buffalo and Calgary the only abstentions. But Calgary also unveiled new uniforms Saturday when Buffalo did.

Archived