Indianapolis Colts

BrandMooreArt

Imma be real wit you, B...the checkerboard motif thing is looking mighty superfluous given the entirety of the rest of this project. I understand wanting to tie in the auto racing aspect of Indianapolis' legacy, but I think this would be worlds better than it already is without it—the double stripe motif is strong enough to stand on its on. Lose the checkerboard, and this whole project becomes much more cohesive.

All that said...the barebones overall simplicity of this project really makes this whole thing work. Color scheme (which was a given), double-stripe motif, letterforms. I really wish you'd have included the double stripe on the helmets, but I also understand your viewpoint on that. As for the endzones...I think it'd be better with = COLTS = on both ends. (I'd also prefer the "Indiana" locale name, but that's another thread.) And kudos on the encircled horseshoe at center field—that helmet graphic they have there now is for the birds. All in all, 4.5 out of 5 on what I see thus far.

I'll be keeping an eyeball on this project of yours.

(While also probably scrapping the one I was sketching up on the DL.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Imma be real wit you, B...the checkerboard motif thing is looking mighty superfluous given the entirety of the rest of this project. I understand wanting to tie in the auto racing aspect of Indianapolis' legacy, but I think this would be worlds better than it already is without it—the double stripe motif is strong enough to stand on its on. Lose the checkerboard, and this whole project becomes much more cohesive.

All that said...the barebones overall simplicity of this project really makes this whole thing work. Color scheme (which was a given), double-stripe motif, letterforms. I really wish you'd have included the double stripe on the helmets, but I also understand your viewpoint on that. As for the endzones...I think it'd be better with = COLTS = on both ends. (I'd also prefer the "Indiana" locale name, but that's another thread.) And kudos on the encircled horseshoe at center field—that helmet graphic they have there now is for the birds. All in all, 4.5 out of 5 on what I see thus far.

I'll be keeping an eyeball on this project of yours.

(While also probably scrapping the one I was sketching up on the DL.)

Buc, on the checkers, are you talking about dropping that from the endzones only or from all the marketing pieces included?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I didn't even notice checkerboard patterns until you put that field down. Its not necessary for the field but it flows with the rest of the project. I think if you put a checkerboard pattern on the turf it would be subtle enough in that it would gice the impression of a grass field as well as introduce a homage to racing subliminally.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Say B...I meant pretty much from the whole thing. It just seems like a needless inclusion to an otherwise super-strong package. Unless my eyes aren't working right, I'm not seeing it on anything else besides your inside cover and those endzones. I really don't see the need for it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the checkerboard, I really like the whole package.

The only change I'd look at is on the logo with wordmark, the holes on the horseshoe that get cut off look awkward. I'd move those down on either all versions or just on that version. I think you could mess with the spacing so they don't get cut off at all.

• 3 months later...

Archived