The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henrik Sedin is now the Vancouver Canucks all time point scoring leader surpassing Markus Nausland.Well done Henrik and the Vancouver crowd giving him a solid ovation. It's so crazy how many different points leaders Van City has had over the years.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

The Bruins have two regulation losses so far this year... both to the Sabres. One small consolation in this trainwreck season for Sabres fans.

It seems like every Sabres season is the same. High expectations, terrible start, play catch-up mode the rest of the season, and maybe sneak in the #7/#8, or miss the playoffs.

spacer.png

Top 2 defensemen and #2 forward gone. The Leafs have playoff hope.

That's funny. (Don't know how my text turned into a video link?). At this point I think the Leafs would be happy just to win a damn game. They don't have the jump or the drive in their skating. you would think they are in last place with 10 games left.

Braves.jpg

Brand new Jets, same old Thrashers.

Gooooooooooooo LOTTERY

So who is leading that division at the moment? Tampa's imploding, Washington's awful, Florida may or may not even exist, and Winnipeg is apparently playing for the draft. Is it Carolina?

*checks*

It's Carolina. Wow. Lucky them.

Ottawa might as well join the losers. Top 2 players sidelined? Yeeahh...tank.

Seth Jones would look pretty damn good on the blue line with Karlsson. Honestly at this point I think the Sens should try to trade Craig Anderson. He's been solid ever since they acquired him and is the early front-runner for the Vezina this year, but he's not a part of the team's long-term plans. There is no way his value is going to be any higher than it is now and a tandem of Lehner-Bishop is still a better goaltending situation than most teams in the league have.

Brand new Jets, same old Thrashers.

Gooooooooooooo LOTTERY

So who is leading that division at the moment? Tampa's imploding, Washington's awful, Florida may or may not even exist, and Winnipeg is apparently playing for the draft. Is it Carolina?

*checks*

It's Carolina. Wow. Lucky them.

Ottawa might as well join the losers. Top 2 players sidelined? Yeeahh...tank.

Seth Jones would look pretty damn good on the blue line with Karlsson. Honestly at this point I think the Sens should try to trade Craig Anderson. He's been solid ever since they acquired him and is the early front-runner for the Vezina this year, but he's not a part of the team's long-term plans. There is no way his value is going to be any higher than it is now and a tandem of Lehner-Bishop is still a better goaltending situation than most teams in the league have.

Oh my god yes. He could pair with Karlsson too because he's a right handed shot. Kids gonna be #1 no question. Mackinnon is great but Seth Jones is just too good to deny him the #1 spot. Tie breaker in talent? World juniors.

I'm really excited about the young up and coming players. My favorite? Nick Bjugstad from the Minnesota Gophers. Guy has Karlsson stature but some crazy good wheels and body. I watched him play live last year in Tampa at the Frozen Four. :

Braves.jpg

Since when is laying on a player in your own crease (while your team scores at the other end) not a penalty?

Was the hit on Ellerby at the end of the third dirty? Couldn't judge it too well from the 300 level.

Anyway, good play from the Kings in the second half of the game, and from Bernier (who arguably got robbed of a shutout), hopefully it can continue in Chicago.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

a tandem of Lehner-Bishop is still a better goaltending situation than most teams in the league have.

No it's not. Bishop has a career save percentage of .903, and Lehner has only played 13 NHL games. I realize Lehner's considered one of the best goalie prospects right now, but that doesn't :censored:.

Are you trying to figure out if any teams are ever going to fall off the fringe of playoff contention? Because that why I'm staring. No one's really bad this year. Even the Beej is hypothetically still in this at four games under .500.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Bruins have two regulation losses so far this year... both to the Sabres. One small consolation in this trainwreck season for Sabres fans.

It seems like every Sabres season is the same. High expectations, terrible start, play catch-up mode the rest of the season, and maybe sneak in the #7/#8, or miss the playoffs.

That's not true at all. I'm pretty sure there was one season lately where they have a great start and terrible finish to sneak into the playoffs at 7 or 8. :(:rolleyes:

The way I talked myself into this season was that the Sabres always have an amazing half season and a terrible half season... maybe we'll just just skip the bad half this year! Guess not. If Thomas Vanek wasn't leading the league in scoring, we'd be absolute bottom of the basement.

a tandem of Lehner-Bishop is still a better goaltending situation than most teams in the league have.

No it's not. Bishop has a career save percentage of .903, and Lehner has only played 13 NHL games. I realize Lehner's considered one of the best goalie prospects right now, but that doesn't :censored:.

Alright maybe most teams is a bit of a stretch, but I can think of a few teams that would rather have those two than what they've got now (Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, and Washington come to mind). Lehner has a Calder Cup MVP and is arguably the best goalie in the AHL right now, and he's only 21. While so far I've been adamant about not rushing this kid, I think with the way the season's played out it's time to let him start growing with the big-league team. I'm not expecting him to be a Vezina candidate right out of the gate, but he seems to be the future franchise goalie. Having Bishop as the backup means that not all the pressure will be on Lehner.

I would love Ben Bishop here in Calgary, and the only reason Edmonton is having a chance in these games, isn't because of their group of flashy douchebags, it's because of Dubnyk. Guy has been lights out.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

10 seconds left and you start chasing in your own end with a 1 goal lead and the other team has the extra attacker and let in a goal. Typical Panthers.

Aaaaannnd Benoit Pouliot wins the game for Tampa. Goal scored in same situation as the tying goal in regulation.

Braves.jpg

Archived