Cleveland Cavaliers Home uniform question

Mevins31

Saw on a Cavs board that the Yellow uniforms are the pseudo new home uniform for the Cavs... I like the Cavs whites better than the yellow by a far margin.

Anyone have anything on this as far as info or seen anything that confirms it one way or another? Seems like they wear the yellows a lot at home.

Thanks

The white is the official home uniform but the yellow is worn more often for some reason. It has something to do with the cavs owner wanting to wear yellow at home like the lakers, but was denied by David stern. They wear the yellow as much as they can and usually at home

spacer.png

Cool... So the whites (just bought a white jersey this offseason) pretty much has to remain one of their regular uniforms due to the league/commissioner rules?

Yes, the cavs like the warriors had also tried to go back to yellow at home, were denied by league. Saying white is only home uniform allowed. Lakers are grand fathered in. So the Cavs are wearing there white uniforms something like 21 times and yellow 20. ( other alt's may change numbers some) but this is the closest they can get to making the yellow their home jersey.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Cool... So the whites (just bought a white jersey this offseason) pretty much has to remain one of their regular uniforms due to the league/commissioner rules?

Yes, the cavs like the warriors had also tried to go back to yellow at home, were denied by league. Saying white is only home uniform allowed. Lakers are grand fathered in. So the Cavs are wearing there white uniforms something like 21 times and yellow 20. ( other alt's may change numbers some) but this is the closest they can get to making the yellow their home jersey.

Which is dumb I must say. If the jerseys contrast let them wear what they want.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Where did you read or hear the league actually denied them? I can't find anything anywhere on if

Do you guys think the rule will change anytime soon? I hope not as I just bought an irving home white jersey

Well, the NBA is getting advertising on the jerseys soon. So your jersey will become dated in the near future anyway.

The ads will be small enough they hardly count. It's not like the Facebook logo or whatever will become the central focus of the uniform

Actually I just went back and looked at what they wore home game by home game... Seems like its 3 to 1 the times they've worn white.... So idk what's going on

Do you guys think the rule will change anytime soon? I hope not as I just bought an irving home white jersey

I think they're moving towards that. Especially with all of the color vs. color games we've seen this year and in the All-Star Game the past few seasons. I see no reason why teams can't have a colored home alt and wear that when it doesn't clash with the visiting team.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I love the gold uniforms, my only gripe is the use of "Cavs" instead of a full name on the front. That's one of the reasons I hope they always stay as an alternate.

Also, way too many teams wear gold now and it's ruined the uniqueness. Especially with the terrible Warriors and Nuggets alts unveiled this year.

I love the gold uniforms, my only gripe is the use of "Cavs" instead of a full name on the front. That's one of the reasons I hope they always stay as an alternate.

Also, way too many teams wear gold now and it's ruined the uniqueness. Especially with the terrible Warriors and Nuggets alts unveiled this year.

most gold alts suck but i like the cavs and nuggets ones. I even bought a gold cavs jersey.

spacer.png

I like the whole tradition of white at home and color on the road, but I can't justify every sport not going to primary kit/change kit system. It makes so much sense to have the team in one jersey most of the time. I understand they like to sell 5 or 6 alternates to each fan, but wouldn't their brand be a little stronger if 55 (or so) games out of 81 their team was wearing the same thing? Soccer teams seem to make enough money...

Archived