Lincoln Plainsmen - Feedback and Ideas Please

werbear

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

I agree. Bring the lines back. And what does it look like with the tractor still centered in the sunburst? I'd have the sunburst and tractor both on the left hand side.

Guest darkpiranha

Shrink the NP back down to the size and placement like you had it on post #37, and I think you'll have a winner.

Still not crazy about the serif font, though. I think that the serifs themselves will be rendered invisible on smaller applications. Maybe a thicker font?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Guest darkpiranha

No to the detail. It was a lot more iconic as just the silhouette, especially against the sun.

And I'd try to keep the font somewhat similar. Old-timey. If you still want to use the older style as the "historical" version of the logo, it isn't bad to incorporate it into the modern logo. But I agree that a bit thicker would help.

Thanks once again for all the great feedback and help. Learned a lot with this project. Here is the version with the orange tractor and worked up a pitchfork concept. I wanted to try out some shading ideas. See what you guys think. Would the shading look weird on a real helmet?

NebraskaPlainsmenroundel19_zpscfd68d00.png

NebraskaPlainsmenhelmetlogo5_zps2980dcfe.png

Just as we have all watched the primary logo develop it would be interesting to watch you work out the secondary and/or helmet logo as well. I like the pitchfork idea to start with and think it can work into something, but what do you also think about doing something as you did earlier with Chimney Rock?

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

Sorry I didnt clarify. I meant the black tractor with orange detail. Regarding the helmet logo, it's hard to know about the shading. I'm no expert with pitchforks, but the prongs (?) look bent and rotated a little. Finally, the fork itself sooks a little slapped on. What if you made it behind the NP, then come through the hole in the P and become in front of the NP. That might help to give the logo a little more motion.

spacer.png

• 6 months later...

hello again everyone. Still playing around with this design. Also trying to figure out how to create 3d helmets using davidson's tutorial and template. Not quite a hundred percent there. Here is an old idea on a new helmet try. C and C on both would be appreciated. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong on either yet. Now that I can start working on logos again I'm going to try and update some logos with the ideas you all mentioned. Thanks for looking again.

NebraskaTry_zpseb890f02.png

Archived