Uniform Concepts Inspired By My Life

PaleVermilion81

I decided to start creating a football league that has team names and locations based upon my life. Thought it'd be more fun for me to have meaning behind my concepts rather than just creating generic team names that simply sound cool together. I designed these in templates I got on this site, so thanks to those who shared them!

This first concept is a logo I originally sketched out while taking a lunch break a month or so ago. Although the name and logo aren't your typical pro football look, I didn't want to box myself into the idea that it had to be NFL style only. The team is the Coon Rapids Reds. I spent 2 years working at Target HQ when I lived in Coon Rapids, MN, so thought this was a very natural place to start with my league.

The jersey is your typical Target red, and incorporated gray into the design as I thought it gave it a nice look. The stripes on the helmet and the pants are the same thickness pattern as the Target Bullseye. I used the Denver Broncos fonts for the number and name, as they are my favorite in the NFL. Was undecided if I liked white or gray road pants better, but decided to go white in a similar format to how the Panthers have gray home and white away. The stripe ends at a natural point in the Nike cut pattern on the pants, and put in the secondary R logo above it. The helmet is speckled/metallic type finish (not chrome, no chrome here).

Reds_3Q.jpg

Reds_HomeUniform.jpg

Reds_RoadUniform.jpg

Could you make the home uniform 'Reds' script white? It's hard to see the way it is

It actually is white. Its just small and low res for the web. It looks better at original resolution. I plan on doing a mocked up version of the uniform on a real body, so it'll be easier to see on that.

Very cool design. I like the logo but it might be better without the Coon Rapids within it, just the REDS. But that is nitpicking. I love the helmet rendering.

I thought about that. Maybe I'll update it. I was almost half thinking of it as a soccer style crest with that in there. But as a helmet logo, maybe it will look better simpler. I'll make the update tonight if I have time. Thanks!

I feel like there is a lot of white space & it is throwing off the balance of your logo.

I would maybe fit Reds in the shield or maybe just the R in the shield without the Coon Rapids.

I like the uniforms though

Thanks for the feedback. I'll experiment with the R and shield as the helmet logo.

Archived