Dallas Burn Announce Name and Logo Change...

Brian in Boston

And for those who know about the old Tornado insignia, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee's the logo!

DallasTornado.gif

Thanks Logo Server!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I thought the Texas Tornado Kerry Von Erich... from the cursed Von Erich family of wrestling...lolĀ  :D

:lol: I think he had a lot more wrestling talent than Hulk Hogan ever had. :lol:

Kerry Von Erich had more talent in his foot than....oh wait, that's in really bad taste.

never mind.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

PANTONE, you may want to check that second incarnation of the Atlanta Chiefs. I saw them play at that time, saw (replica) jerseys in person, and even have a NASL program form 1980 that shows the logo as red, white and blue.

I think the earlier incarnation (which had essentially the same logo) was red, white and black.

:blink:

It is what it is.

PANTONE, you may want to check that second incarnation of the Atlanta Chiefs. I saw them play at that time, saw (replica) jerseys in person, and even have a NASL program form 1980 that shows the logo as red, white and blue.

I think the earlier incarnation (which had essentially the same logo) was red, white and black.

:blink:

Cool...I'll make the change...

Thanks.

Seattle isnt too bad either. Though, most all of these are wordmarks, rather than logos.

And is there any name in any sport as trite as the Kicks for a soccer team?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

Ā 

Ī“Ī”Ī’!

Ā 

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Cool, bring back the Dallas Tornado! I love it.

I was a pretty big NASL fan back in the day. Even still have the official ball with the stars.

I went to several Chiefs games in 80, and they were most definitely red, white and blue.

When did the New England Tea Men play in the NASL? Anyone have pics of them?

The New England Tea Men played three NASL seasons at Schaefer Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts: 1978, 1979 and 1980. They received their rather unusual name as a result of the Lipton Tea Company owning the majority stake of the franchise. Following the 1980 season, the team moved to Jacksonville, Florida's Gator Bowl for 1981 and 1982.

You can get some idea of what the home uniforms looked like by checking out:

http://home.att.net/~nasl/jerseys/teamen.htm

As I recall, the home uniforms actually sported "Reddish-Orange" numbers.

As for what is listed as the road uniform at this link, I recall the Tea Men wearing all-White uniforms on the road, with the "Reddish-Orange" numbers on them. The logo patch was positioned as it is on the home uniforms.

No offense to the linked website, but a close friend of my family worked for UMBRO-USA (the Tea Men's uniform supplier) at the time, and I went to every Tea Men home game - as well as a few road games - for the three years they spent in New England. I'd say that my recollection of the unis is accurate.

Brian in Boston

How about-- from the same league and same time frame-- the San Diego Sockers?

Egad, I'm showing my age. I was also a big NASL fan "back in the day".

GO ROWDIES!!!

It is what it is.

I only remember the Tea Men by name, not by sight. Occasionally they were mentioned in the newspaper. I thought the name was a cool reference to the Boston Tea Party.

Aside from PƩlƩ, I can only remember a couple names from the league... Giorgio Chinaglia and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge (how close am I to the spelling?)

Back-to-BackĀ Fatal FortyĀ Champion 2015 & 2016

Don't forget that there were a couple of years where the NASL did an indoor season during the winter. Not all teams participated from what I remember. I caught the Chiefs at the Omni, once against the Sting and the other time against the Rowdies. Those games actually drew some decent crowds.

I love that name if we ever get a MLS team ( I don't care) I would like to see the return of the demin blue and day glow orange Minnesota Kicks. It is a better name than the A-League Minnesota Thunder (blue and yellow)

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I thought the Texas Tornado Kerry Von Erich... from the cursed Von Erich family of wrestling...lol :D

:lol: I think he had a lot more wrestling talent than Hulk Hogan ever had. :lol:

Kerry Von Erich had more talent in his foot than....oh wait, that's in really bad taste.

never mind.

hahahahahahahhaha... classic... im sure there are alot of people that are confused by that comment...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived